With millions of users posting photos, videos, and comments every day, Instagram has become a hugely diverse and multilingual platform. Posting content and responding to comments in different languages helps you to broaden your reach and foster significant connections with people across the globe. Continue reading this comprehensive guide to learn how to translate Instagram comments into your native language conveniently using your smartphone.
Table of Contents
How to Translate Instagram Comments
Instagram’s global reach makes accessing content easier than ever, but it can be frustrating if you don’t understand a comment. Thankfully, Instagram has a solution! You can easily translate comments in an unknown language on the platform. Read on to learn how.
There are mainly two methods to translate Instagram comments on your Android smartphone.
Method 1: Using the See Translation Feature on Instagram
The first method of translating comments is using the See Translation feature of Instagram present in the Android app, this is the fastest method of translating any comment. However, you can only translate to limited languages supported by Instagram.
To translate comments through this feature, you need to set your preferred language as the default language on Instagram. Follow the steps given below to do the same.
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android device and log into your account.
2. Tap on your profile picture present at the bottom-right corner of the app.
3. Tap on the three horizontal bars at the top right corner of the screen.
4. Tap on Settings and Privacy.
5. Swipe down and tap on Language.
6. Choose your preferred language from the list of supported languages.
Also Read: How To Translate Tweets
Now that you have chosen your language, head on to the comments section of the post. Follow the steps given below to translate a comment into your preferred language on Instagram.
1. Find the comment that you wish to translate.
2. Tap on See translation below the comment, next to the Reply option.
Note: The comment will now be translated to the language you have chosen. In the following picture, the comment has been translated into English.
Method 2: Using Google Translate
Google Translate supports translation to almost any language spoken in any corner of the world. Using this method lets you translate to any language which is not supported by Instagram.
Note: The idea is to copy the comment on Instagram and paste it into the Google Translate box. However, you cannot copy a comment on the Instagram app for Android directly. Hence, you either need to type the comment into Google Translate, or read this guide to learn how to copy a comment on Instagram.
1. Select the comment which you want to translate and copy it into your clipboard.
2. Open Google Translate on your device.
3. Tap on the language present at the right and choose your preferred language.
4. Paste the comment in the Enter Text field.
Note: The comment will be translated into the language you have chosen.
What Languages Does Instagram Translate?
According to the official website of Instagram, the platform supports translation into the following languages:
- English (default)
- Spanish (Latin America and Spain)
- Tagalog (Filipino)
However, the most recent version of Instagram supports translation to the following languages as well:
- Hindi (India)
- Hrvatski (Croatia)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
We hope that this detailed guide on how to translate Instagram comments has resolved all your queries. Keep visiting our site for more cool tips and tricks. Don’t forget to leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comments section below.