When you tag someone on TikTok, you’re inviting them to be a part of your posts. You can mention people in your videos, such as your video partner or someone in the comments, to reach more viewers. In this guide, we’ll explore how to tag someone on TikTok and learn the important skill of connecting with others on this dynamic social media platform.
Table of Contents
How to Tag Someone on TikTok
Tagging someone on TikTok is an easy way to give them credit, work together, or interact with them. Also, when you mention someone in your video, they receive a notification about the tag. Whether you’ve already posted a video or plan to do so, our guide will explain this feature in detail.
Can We Tag People on TikTok?
Yes, you can tag people on TikTok.
There are two methods to mention someone on TikTok. We have explained these methods below.
Method 1: Using Mobile App
If you want to mention someone on your TikTok post via the mobile app, you can follow these two ways of doing so:
1. Tagging Someone in the Caption
This is the most convenient way to tag a person in a TikTok video. The steps given below will guide you on how to tag someone in a TikTok video using a caption.
1. Open the TikTok app on your device and tap on the Plus icon appearing at the bottom of the screen.
2. Create a TikTok video by tapping on the red button or upload a captured video using the Upload option.
3. Now tap on the Checkmark icon.
4. Next tap on the Red Next button appearing at the bottom right corner of the screen.
5. Decide and add your video Description and Hashtags and tap on the @Mention option.
6. In the search bar appearing in the Mention section type the name of the person you want to tag and choose their profile.
Note: you will find the tagged person’s username in the description text box. Their name will start with @ symbol. More than one person can be tagged in a single video.
7. Finally, tap on the Post button.
The person has been tagged and TikTok will notify them of this action.
Also Read: How to Give Photo Credit on Instagram
2. Tagging Someone Using Comments
Mentioning someone in the comment section of a TikTok video is also considered tagging. You can follow the steps given below to mention someone in the comments section.
1. Open TikTok on your mobile and from the top of your homepage tap on the Following or For You tab.
2. Find the video where you want to tag your target person and tap on the Comments icon appearing at the right corner of the screen.
3. The comment section will open up. Now in Add comment text box tap on @ symbol.
4. Now, type the name of the target person and tap on their profile.
5. Finally, tap the Send button appearing on the bottom right corner of the screen.
The person you tagged will receive a notification that you tagged them in a particular video. Users who will see your comment can click on their target person’s username link to view their profile.
Method 2: Using a Desktop
If you scroll TikTok via desktop, you can still tag someone. The steps given below will help you to tag a person on your TikTok video.
1. Log in to your TikTok account using the browser and click on the Upload button on the top right of the screen.
2. Choose your file by clicking on the Select button.
3. Once you’ve selected the video, click on the @ symbol in the Caption text box.
4. Search for the person you want to tag and click on their profile.
5. Finally, click on Post appearing at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Congratulations, you have just tagged someone on your video and they’ll also share the credits with you on the platform.
How to Mention Someone on TikTok After Posting
There are instances when you want to tag people on your TikTok video but you cannot. The reason can be that the target person is not on your viewer list. In such cases, the content you post is not visible to them. But if you want to tag them on your content then you can follow the steps given below.
1. Launch the TikTok app and tap on the three-dot icon appearing on the right side of the screen.
2. From this list, tap on Privacy settings and then tap on Who can watch this video.
3. In the tab that pops up, change the audience to Everyone.
4. Again tap on the three-dots icon and tap on Edit tagged people.
5. A list will open up and from here select the people you wish to add. Finally, tap on Done.
Tagging someone on TikTok is a simple yet powerful way to enhance your content’s reach and engagement. Remember, even after posting, you can still tag someone on TikTok by accessing the video’s editing options. So, make the most of this feature to connect with others and boost your TikTok presence. For more, drop your queries in the comment section below.