For those eager to stream their gameplay without the need for a capture card, now you can effortlessly share your gaming sessions with friends. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of how to stream your Nintendo Switch gameplay to Discord without capture card. Also, discover the alternative methods and steps to get started right away.
How To Stream Switch to Discord Without Capture Card
Capture cards are commonly used by streamers to record or stream videos, particularly when playing games on a PC. However, if you want to stream your Nintendo Switch gameplay on Discord without a capture card, there are alternative methods available. Follow the guide below to learn how.
Can you stream your Switch on Discord?
Yes, it is possible to stream your Nintendo Switch gameplay on Discord without using a capture card. While capture cards are commonly used for streaming purposes, they are not always necessary. With the following methods, you’ll be able to showcase your Switch gameplay to your friends and fellow gamers on Discord.
Method 1: Use Xbox One Console
If you own an Xbox One console, you can leverage its built-in streaming capabilities to showcase your Switch gameplay on Discord. Here’s how:
1. Place your Nintendo Switch on its dock.
2. Connect the Switch dock to your Xbox One using an HDMI cable.
3. Open the OneGuide application on your Xbox One while ensuring your Switch is turned on.
4. Connect your Xbox console and PC to the same Wi-Fi network or use an Ethernet cable for better performance.
5. Download and open the Xbox app on your PC, then select your Xbox One console within the app.
6. Choose a streaming application such as Share X, OBS Studio, XSplit Broadcast, or Lightstream Studio.
7. Download and open the selected streaming application on your PC.
Now, start streaming your Nintendo Switch gameplay to Discord using the chosen application.
Also Read: Best Stream Deck Plugins for Streaming
Method 2: Use Streamlabs Application
You can also use third-party application to stream Switch to Discord without capture card.
2. Install and open the app, granting it access to your microphone and camera.
3. Customize the app’s layout and add the widgets you prefer for your Switch stream.
4. In the app, tap on the three lines in the top-left corner.
5. Tap on Streaming Settings and then Video Settings.
6. Choose the desired resolution, expected frame rate and bitrate for your stream.
7. Start with a lower screen resolution, considering your internet speed, and gradually increase it if the speed allows.
8. Place your mobile device on a tripod stand or mobile holder for stability.
9. Ensure that your device’s back camera is activated and position your Nintendo Switch in front of it, so it appears on your phone screen.
10. Click on the Go Live button in the Streamlabs app to start the streaming process.
Also Read: How to Stream Flixtor on Roku?
We hope you found this article helpful in learning how to stream your Nintendo Switch to Discord without a capture card. We’d love to hear about the method you chose and any suggestions or questions you have. Please leave a comment in the section below. Your feedback is valuable to us!