Speeding up a video can be an excellent strategy if you’re aiming to deliver your social media followers with a time-lapse or a quick tutorial. By accelerating the pace, you can create an energizing effect, compress lengthy footage, and convey your message concisely. In this guide, let’s discuss how to speed up your existing video for your Instagram reels to create visually engaging content.
How to Speed Up a Video for Instagram Reels
You can use third-party video editing apps available on the Google Play Store to adjust the playback speed of your videos and upload them. These apps allow you to modify the speed of your videos before sharing them.
For instance, Videoshop is a third-party video editing app that enables you to speed up your slow videos and share them on Instagram. Here’s how:
Note: We do not endorse or sponsor any of the third-party apps/tools listed in this article. Users should ensure the protection of their data for privacy or any data loss. So, use these at your discretion.
1. Install and open the Videoshop app on your Android phone.
2. Tap on the + icon and select the desired video from your camera roll that you want to edit.
3. Locate and tap on the SPEED option from the options menu bar.
4. Set the desired speed for the video using the slide bar and tap on the green checkmark icon.
5. Tap on the export icon and Save the speeded up video on your mobile device to upload it on Instagram.
6. Open the Instagram application on your phone.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Instagram account.
7. Tap on the Reels tab, as shown below.
8. On the Reels page, tap on the Camera icon from the top right corner.
9. Select the Gallery icon and upload the edited video.
10. Follow the onscreen prompts to Share the video as a reel on your IG profile.
Also Read: How To Loop A Video On Instagram Story
Can I Change the Speed of a Reel After Posting?
No, it is not possible to change the speed of a Reel after posting it on Instagram. Once you share a Reel, the playback speed is locked and cannot be modified. Therefore, it is important to choose the desired speed before posting it.
How to Speed Up Existing Video for Instagram Reels on Android?
Instagram allows users to speed up videos for Reels, but only before uploading them. However, you can utilize various video editing apps to speed up existing videos. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it using the popular app KineMaster.
1. Install and launch the KineMaster app on your Android phone.
2. Tap on Create New.
3. Choose the desired aspect ratio and tap on Create.
4. Select the desired video from your phone gallery.
5. Tap on the video timeline from the bottom of the screen and select the Speed option from the right pane.
Note: Choose the video’s desired resolution and frame rate before uploading it anywhere to ensure optimal quality and smooth playback.
6. Set the desired speed for the video using the slide bar or given options.
7. Tap on the export icon from the top right corner to save or share the video on Instagram.
Also Read: 8 Ways to Fix Hulu Fast Forward Glitch
We hope that our guide has helped you learn how to speed up a video for Instagram reels. If you have any queries or suggestions, leave them in the comments box below. Stay connected to TechCult for more tech-related tutorials.