Sharing content across social media platforms is a common practice for staying connected and spreading information. If you’ve come across an interesting tweet on Twitter and want to share it with your Facebook friends and followers, you might wonder how to do it seamlessly. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to share a tweet on Facebook, allowing you to cross-post content and engage with your audience on both platforms.
How to Share Twitter Post on Facebook
Twitter used to allow its users to cross-post between Twitter and Facebook. However, since 2018, the feature to auto-post on Facebook has been discontinued. Earlier, if you wished to post a tweet to your Facebook account, you just needed to follow a few simple steps to allow Facebook posts from Twitter. Since the feature to auto post from Twitter is no longer available, users have to try other methods to post from Twitter to Facebook.
How to Share a Tweet on Facebook Manually from PC
As we have already established that the auto-posting option on Twitter has been disabled, you will have to manually post a Twitter post on your Facebook. The following are steps to manually post from Twitter to Facebook.
1. Open your web browser and login to your Twitter account.
2. Navigate to the tweet you want to share and click on the Share icon.
3. Now, click on Copy link to Tweet.
4. In a new tab, open your Facebook account.
5. Here, click on What’s on your mind box.
6. Paste the Twitter post link into the Create post textbox.
7. Finally, click Post to post tweets to Facebook.
This is the easiest method to post Twitter video to Facebook if you are using Twitter on your Android device. Continue reading to find methods to share Twitter posts on Facebook from your Android device. Also, continue reading to find methods to auto post from Facebook to Twitter.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Sensitive Content on Twitter
How to Share a Tweet on Facebook Manually from Android
To share Twitter post on Facebook timeline is easy and can be done by following a few simple steps. However, if you have an Android device, you can copy a Twitter post link from the Twitter app to post it on Facebook.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same settings options and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The following methods are from the Moto G60 smartphone.
1. Open Twitter from the phone menu.
2. Navigate to the Tweet you want to post on Facebook and tap the Share icon.
3. Here, locate and tap on the Facebook News feed option.
4. Finally, tap POST to share the tweet on your Facebook profile.
You can also post Twitter video to Facebook on Android device using the above steps.
Also Read: Fix No Data Available on Facebook Likes
How to Share a Tweet on Facebook Privately
If you want to share a tweet with one of your Facebook friends privately, you can do it by sharing the Twitter post link with them. The following are the steps to share Twitter post on Facebook privately with a Facebook friend.
1. Open your Web Browser and login to your Twitter account.
2. Navigate to the post you want to share, and click the Share icon.
3. Here, click on Copy link to Tweet.
4. In a new tab, open your Facebook account.
5. Click on the New Message icon.
6. Search for the friend and paste the Tweet link in the chat box.
7. Press the Enter key to send the message and post Tweets to Facebook privately.
If you want to post Twitter video to Facebook privately with a Facebook friend, you can do it by sharing the link privately. Read the next section to find out if you can auto post from Facebook to Twitter and find methods to share posts from Facebook to Twitter.
How to Share a Facebook Post on Twitter
You can also share your Facebook posts on Twitter. However, keep in mind that Twitter has limitations with characters and words for a Tweet. Therefore, refrain from sharing long Facebook posts on Twitter. The best solution to this is to share a Facebook post’s link. You can use the following simple steps to do so.
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. Now, navigate to the Facebook post, you want to share on Twitter.
3. Here, click on the time and date of the post to open the individual post.
4. Make sure the posted privacy is set as Public.
5. Now, copy link from the search bar.
6. Now, in a new tab open and log in to your Twitter account.
7. Click on the What’s happening? textbox and paste the copied link.
8. Finally, click on Tweet to share the post on your Twitter timeline.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I post on Twitter and Facebook at the same time?
Ans. Twitter’s cross-posting service for Facebook has been discontinued since 2018. So, you can no longer post on both platforms at the same time.
Q2. Can I add my Facebook account to my Twitter account?
And. No, you can no longer add your Facebook account to your Twitter account. However, this feature is still available for some platforms, such as WordPress.
Q3. How can I cross-post between Twitter and Facebook?
Ans. Since the auto-sharing option is no longer available, you can try to share posts on the two platforms by sharing the post link.
Q4. How do I share a Facebook post on Twitter?
Ans. To share a Facebook post on Twitter, you can simply copy the post URL to Twitter and post it on your timeline.
Q5. Can I share a tweet with a Facebook friend?
Ans. Yes, you can copy a Tweet link and paste it into the message box to share it with your Facebook friend.
Also Read: How to Use Bookmarks on Twitter
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to figure out how to share Twitter post on Facebook. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions for us, please let us know in the comment section.