Time Warner cable internet service provider offers Roadrunner email to their users. If you use the time warner cable ISP, then you must have given access to a Roadrunner email account that you can use for sending or receiving emails. Roadrunner is an email service that is only accessible to the users of Time Warner cable Internet service provider. You can easily access your Roadrunner account by using your browser or an email client. However, you may not know the right procedure for setting up your Roadrunner email account on your Android phone. Therefore, to help you out, we have a guide on how to set up Roadrunner email on your Android device that you can follow.
How to Setup Roadrunner Email for Android
We are listing the entire procedure that you can follow if you want to setup a Roadrunner email account on an Android phone.
Step 1: Install an Email app
The first step is to install any email app from the Google Play store on your device. You can install trusted apps from the store, but make sure you don’t install any third-party apps from any website.
Step 2: Add Roadrunner Email
- After installing an Email app on your device, you have to add your Roadrunner email by typing your ID. For example, email@example.com. Make sure you are typing the complete email ID.
- Once you type your Roadrunner Email ID, tap on Next, and select Setup manually.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- Turn on the toggle next to Advanced settings.
- You will see some settings like IMAP, port, SMTP settings, and more. Now, it depends on the email app that you are using, as the Microsoft outlook app automatically detects these settings for you. However, if you are using Gmail or any other app, you may have to set up these settings manually.
Step 3: Set Up Incoming Server Settings
- Select the account type as Personal (POP3).
- The server type will be: pop-server.maine.rr.com. However, it will vary from user to user as per your location.
- You have to select your port as 110.
- Keep the Security type as None.
Step 4: Set Up Outgoing Server Settings
After you set up the incoming server settings, you have to input the outgoing Roadrunner email settings.
- Select your server as smtp-server.maine.rr.com (Your domain will vary depending upon your location)
- Set your SMTP port as 587
- Keep the Security type as None.
- Check the box next to Require sign-in.
- Now, type your username in the username field. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org (Your domain will vary depending upon your location)
- Type your Roadrunner password for your account in the password section.
- Tap on Next and type your name in the ‘Your name’ section. The name you type here will be visible to everyone when you send emails.
- Tap on Next, and you are done.
Step 5: Use Alternative Server Settings
If you set up and configure Roadrunner email on Android using the previous server settings, but they are not working, then you can use the following server settings.
- Incoming server: pop-server.rr.com
- Outgoing server: smtp-server.rr.com
That’s it; now, you can start using your Roadrunner email account on your Android device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How to setup Roadrunner email?
To set up your Roadrunner email account, you have to set up and configure the incoming and outgoing server settings. Therefore, to set up and configure Roadrunner email on Android, you can follow the procedure in our guide.
Q2. Can I use Roadrunner on my Android phone?
You can easily use your Roadrunner email on your Android phone via your browser or by using an Email client. You can install any email app from the Google play store and use it to set up your Roadrunner email account.
Q3. How do I use Roadrunner on Gmail?
To use your Roadrunner email account on Gmail, open the Gmail app and set up a new account by entering your Roadrunner email address. Tap on next and select personal (POP3). Again tap on next and type your password for your Roadrunner account. Now, you can easily set up the incoming and outgoing server settings by following the steps in our guide mentioned above.
- How to Recall an Email in Outlook?
- 5 Ways to Fix Gmail Account Not Receiving Emails1
- How to Remove a Google Account from your Android Device
- How to Create Temporary Email Addresses with YOPmail
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to setup Roadrunner email for Android. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.