WhatsApp, the most widely used messaging platform, offers instant and fast communication. Moreover, it allows you to save past conversations through backups. But what if you accidentally delete your account and need to restore your valuable WhatsApp messages on your Android phone without a backup? Don’t worry, this guide is here to assist you.
Table of Contents
How to Restore WhatsApp Messages Without Backup on Android Phone
If you’ve accidentally deleted a year-old chat or an important conversation on WhatsApp, there’s no need to panic. You can recover deleted messages on your Android phone. For a detailed step-by-step guide on how to do this, just keep reading!
Can I Recover My Old WhatsApp Messages Without Backup on Android?
Yes. You can still recover your old WhatsApp messages, even if you have no backup up on your Android device.
If your data is deleted, then there are only two methods that can help you to get it back. First, you can use a third-party app, and second, you can use WhatsApp local backup. Let’s see both of them.
Method 1: Use Third Party App
It is possible to use a third-party app to get your precious data back. There are many apps available that can help you to do this, but we will recommend you use Mobile Trans by Wondershare.
Note: We do not support or endorse using third-party apps. Please use them at your own risk as they can have potential consequences.
1. Install MobileTrans Application on your Android phone.
2. Open MobileTrans, tap on Backup & Restore, and select Delete WhatsApp Data Restore.
3. Connect your device to the computer and follow the on-screen instruction.
4. Tap on Install, select Continue, and then tap on Allow.
5. Login with your credentials and restore files, then click Next.
6. Choose the data that you want to restore and tap on Restore to Device option.
Method 2: Use Local Backup
WhatsApp automatically back up all data in your phone, even if you haven’t enabled automatic Google Drive backup. However, the only restriction is that this data is only stored in the device for seven days.
Note: Most of the time, Android users make SD cards their primary storage. However, if you don’t have an SD card, then WhatsApp local backup will be saved in internal storage.
1. Open File Manager, then select Android and go to Media.
2. Now, go to WhatsApp and tap on Databases.
3. Rename the desired files from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt14 to msgstore.db.crypt14.
4. Hold the app and tap on the i icon.
5. Tap Uninstall.
6. Finally, tap Ok.
7. Now, open Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp.
8. Tap on Install beside WhatsApp.
After the installation process is completed, you can open the app. You will then see an option to RESTORE all of your old data.
How to Enable Automatic Backup
You can also enable automatic WhatsApp messages backup to make the restoration process easier by following these steps:
1. Open WhatsApp and tap the three dots.
2. Select Settings and tap on Chats.
3. Select Chat backup.
4. Tap on Back up to Google Drive.
5. Finally, choose how often you would like to back up your chats.
Note: You should always back up your files in Wi-Fi only. As this process can consume a lot of your data.
Q1. I can’t find any backup files in Google Drive, what should I do?
Ans: In this case, you can log in to another Google account to know if there you’ve saved the backup data. If not, then use the methods that we shared above.
Q2. How to recover 4 years old WhatsApp data?
Ans: It is not possible to recover your data if it is that old from a local backup. However, if you have uploaded your 4-year-old data to online Cloud storage, then only it is possible.
Q3. Can I recover my data from a lost phone?
Ans: If you haven’t uploaded the data to Cloud storage, then we are very sorry to say, that none of the methods mentioned above will work.
Q4. Can I recover Disappearing messages?
Ans: No. It is not possible to recover disappearing messages, not even if you take a backup. If that message was included in the backup, when you restore it to the phone, the message will disappear.
We hope after reading this article, you can now restore WhatsApp messages without backup on Android phone. If you still have any doubts, then don’t forget to share them in the comment section.