The Facebook Pixel (now Meta Pixel), a valuable tool, has revolutionized online business strategies, especially on platforms like Shopify. However, priorities change for reasons such as data privacy concerns, shifting marketing strategies, or performance optimization. In such cases, getting rid of it can be a strategic decision for you. This tutorial aims to address the frequently asked but rarely discussed topic of how to remove or disconnect Facebook Pixel from Shopify. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
How to Remove Facebook Pixel from Shopify
There can be various reasons for removing Facebook Pixel from the Shopify account. Often, Shopify administrators find themselves grappling with the presence of unwanted Facebook Pixels, potentially added due to previous app installations or configurations. By doing so, administrators can ensure accurate data insights, enhance user experience, and empower targeted marketing efforts.
Here are the steps for how you can remove Facebook Pixel from Shopify.
Note: If you have previously modified the theme file to add Facebook/Meta pixel, it may result in duplication and thereby give wrong stats. Therefore, we have also added steps for how you can delete a Facebook pixel from the Shopify theme and online store preferences.
1. Log in to the Shopify admin account on your browser.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click on Apps and sales channels from the left pane.
4. Click on Facebook & Instagram.
5. Click on Open sales channel from the top right corner.
6. Click on Settings.
7. Under Data sharing settings, click on Disconnect to remove Facebook Pixel from Shopify.
Also Read: Does Facebook Pixel Track All Traffic?
How to Disable Shopify Facebook Pixel in Your Online Store Preferences?
If your intention is to disable the Facebook pixel from your Online Store preferences, follow these steps:
1. Access the Open sales channel on your Shopify account.
2. Click on Online Store from the left pane.
3. Click on Preferences.
4. Within the Facebook Pixel section, select Change.
5. Proceed to delete the Facebook Pixel as required and seal the changes by clicking Save.
How to Delete a Facebook Pixel from Shopify Theme?
If you’ve previously edited your Shopify theme’s code to add a Facebook pixel and now want to remove it, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Online Store section and click on Themes.
2. From the Current theme section, click on the three-dotted icon and then select Edit code.
3. Select the theme.liquid option from the left pane file.
4. Locate and remove the Facebook pixel code found between the <head> and </head> tags.
5. Save the changes by clicking the Save option.
By learning how to remove Facebook Pixel from Shopify, you’re not only decluttering your digital space but also setting the stage for more accurate data insights and improved targeting. Should you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comment section. Also, don’t miss out on future articles by regularly exploring our website.