Having an e-SIM in today’s world is common. The benefits of e-SIMs include the ability to swap carriers without requiring a physical SIM card and the ability to quickly and easily initiate a new line of service. In newer devices, such as iPhones and Android phones, eSIMs are becoming more prevalent. In this article, we will give you detailed information on how to remove e-SIM from iPhone models 12,13, and 11.
How to Remove e-SIM from iPhone
e-SIMs are getting more and more advanced in today’s era, it’s important to note that they cannot be physically removed from a device like a SIM card. However, if you wish to switch to a different mobile network, you will need to contact your current mobile network operator to have them remove the e-SIM profile from your device. However, it’s important to keep in mind that not all mobile network operators support e-SIM technology, so it’s advisable to check with your desired operator before making any changes.
What is eSIM?
An e-SIM, or embedded SIM, is a digital SIM that is built into the hardware of your smartphone. An e-SIM, unlike a conventional SIM card that you insert into a slot on your device, is embedded in the device and can be programmed remotely by your carrier, they are a relatively new technology that is quickly getting attraction in today’s world. Unlike SIM cards, they are permanently embedded in a device and cannot be removed or replaced. This technology has advanced at an amazing rate.
Adding new e-SIMs is quite an easy task, similarly removing an e-SIM from an iPhone is also a straightforward procedure that can be completed in a few steps. In this article, we will teach you everything you need to know about how to remove e-SIM from iPhone 13 including what an e-SIM is and how to verify if your iPhone has an e-SIM.
To remove eSIM from an iPhone:
1. In the Settings app, tap on Mobile Data.
2. Select the eSIM slot and hit the Delete eSIM button.
How to Check if your iPhone has an e-SIM?
If you’re not sure if your iPhone has an e-SIM, you can check by visiting the site of Apple, where the specification will let you know the availability of the e-SIM feature. Before diving into how to remove e-SIM from iPhone 11, 12, and 13, let us check if your iPhone is e-SIM compatible or not, here are the following steps:
1. Launch Settings.
2. Then, Tap Mobile Data.
3. There, click on Add eSIM.
This process will help you get to know about the e-SIM feature’s availability on your iPhone.
Also Read: How to Backspace on iPhone
How e-SIMs are better than Physical SIM cards?
e-SIM is an integrated circuit incorporated in a device such as a smartphone, or tablet. This chip includes all of the information and data required to connect to a mobile network and interact with other devices.
- Physical SIM cards consume precious device space, which can be an issue for smaller devices such as wearables like watches or wristbands. As technology advances, e-SIMs become even smaller, enabling them to fit into even smaller devices. This provides more design freedom and may result in more innovative product designs.
- e-SIMs can store a large quantity of data and information, including multiple SIM profiles. This is helpful for travelers who want to switch between mobile networks while overseas without physically swapping SIM cards. As e-SIM technology advances, so does their storage capacity, enabling for more profiles to be stored on a single e-SIM.
- e-SIMs are more secure than physical ones. They employ cutting-edge encryption technology to safeguard against hacking and cyber-attacks, which can compromise confidential data and information.
- Enhanced capability, such as remote management and updates, can be provided by e-SIMs. This implies that operators can update the SIM profile on an e-SIM without the user physically removing and replacing the SIM card. This can save both the customer and the operator’s time and money.
- e-SIMs are becoming more common, they are becoming more advanced. Operators and manufacturers are investing more resources in improving e-SIM technology as more devices embrace it. This results in faster innovation and improved efficiency for eSIMs.
How to Remove e-SIM from iPhone
Removing an e-SIM from an iPhone is also a straightforward procedure that can be completed in a few steps. There are many questions where it says how to remove e-SIM from iPhone 13, 12, and 11. Here are the following steps to follow:
Note: After deleting or erasing your e-SIM, you’ll need to contact your operator to get a new one.
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap Mobile Data.
3. Tap on the slot whichever is Embedded or eSIM.
4. Then, you will get the option to Delete eSIM down below.
This process will delete the e-SIM.
- Can I Share My Skillshare Account?
- How to Screen Record on iPhone with Siri on iOS 16.5
- How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to understand how to remove e-SIM from iPhone. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.