Walmart reserves the right to deactivate your account for various reasons, such as violating its terms of service, engaging in suspicious activity, experiencing payment issues, or exhibiting inactivity. This results in the loss of order history, payment details, and other pertinent account information. If you’ve got your Walmart account deactivated and want to reactivate it now, we’ll guide you through the process. Let’s get started.
How to Reactivate Walmart Account
Regardless of the reason your Walmart account has been deactivated, you need to follow specific steps to ensure you gain back access to it. Let’s discuss them.
- Contact Walmart customer service: You can reach out to the Walmart customer support team by phone, email, or using the chat function. Describe the circumstance and include any pertinent information about your account. The representative will instruct you on what to do next.
- Examine your email: The reason behind your Walmart account getting deactivated might be explained to you via email. Read the email thoroughly and check if it includes directions for reactivating your account.
- Resolve any outstanding issues: In the event that your Walmart account was deactivated due to an unresolved issue, such as a payment dispute, returns, or a breach of their terms of service, you must resolve this before you can reactivate your account.
- Verify your account: Walmart may ask you to present identification. This can be a copy of a recently issued utility bill or a government-issued ID. Follow the instructions and provide the required ID and other information.
Also Read: 6 Ways to Earn Free Walmart Gift Cards
Reasons Why Walmart Deactivated Your Account
Walmart can deactivate your account and here are some of the common reasons behind it:
- In case you have a back-to-back high number of returns or cancellations, your account may be shut down.
- Walmart may deactivate your account if they notice suspicious activity on it such as a sudden rise in orders, unusual login locations, or unauthorized use of your account.
- If you have duplicate Walmart accounts, one of them might be deactivated.
- Multiple violations of terms of service can lead to your Walmart account being suspended.
- If you don’t access it for an extended period, Walmart can deactivate your account for inactivity.
Also Read: 23 Best Websites for Refurbished Electronics
How Do I Get My Walmart Account Back
You can speak with their customer service and examine the reason for it. Resolve if there is any issue from your side. Present identification proof if required and you will get back the account. In case you do not, you can create a new Walmart account.
The process and timeline to reactivate your Walmart account may differ depending on the reason for deactivation. Nevertheless, we hope our guide has helped you understand the process. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments section. Stay tuned to TechCult for more such informative blogs.