Instagram has specific requirements for image orientations that favor square or vertical images for its feed layout. While traditionally the platform supports photos in landscape and portrait modes, it can be challenging to display both in a single post without cropping or losing quality. However, there are creative ways to overcome this limitation. In this article, we will explain whether you can post multiple landscape and portrait photos on Instagram, and if so, how to post both seamlessly in a single post.
How to Post Multiple Landscape and Portrait Photos on Instagram
Instagram lets users post up to 10 photos in a single post. Even though you can post landscape and portrait photos, technically posting them in a single post with different orientations and sizes is not possible.
Presently the platform supports an aspect ratio of 1:1 for squares, 4:5 for portraits, and an uncommon ratio of 1.91:1 for landscape images. Now that you want your images to retain their original clarity, let’s follow a trick.
You need to either resize the image according to the aspect ratio supported by Instagram or can add it to a background. For this, you can use either the in-built photo editor of the device or third-party photo editing apps.
Note: We have chosen Picsart as our editing app.
1. Launch Picsart and tap on Edit a Photo.
2. Select the image to be edited and tap on Fit.
3. Tap on Ratio and select the appropriate ratio as Square or Portrait according to the rest of the images.
4. Adjust the image and tap on Color.
Note: You can also choose Background or Image.
5. Add the background color as preferred.
We chose black as most users use the dark theme on Instagram and the image hence would appear aesthetically pleasing.
6.. Tap on the tick icon at the top-right corner, followed by the save icon.
Now, similarly, edit all the landscape images.
7. Now open Instagram, tap on the + icon at the bottom of the screen, followed by POST.
8. Tap on the select multiple icon and start selecting the images to be posted.
9. Tap on the arrow at the top right corner of the screen.
10. Adjust the aspect ratio and tap the right-pointing arrow again.
11. Add your caption, hashtags, and everything you want and post it.
As the image is posted, you can check how it blends with the background and appears in the original landscape format.
This is how you can mix landscape and portrait images and post them.
Can You Post Multiple Landscape and Portrait Photos Without Cropping
Unfortunately, you cannot post images in both landscape and portrait photos together without cropping them beforehand. Instagram keeps only one orientation when uploading. You either have to select the square or the portrait aspect ratio. In such cases, to avoid landscape images being cropped, you can fit them on a background with the perfect ratio as supported by Instagram.
Recommended: How to Unhide Tagged Photos on Instagram
We hope that this guide has helped you with how to post multiple landscape and portrait photos on Instagram. Keep visiting our page for more tips, tricks, and information. Don’t forget to leave your suggestions in the comments section below.