A clean boot is a troubleshooting method used in Windows operating systems to diagnose and isolate software conflicts that might be causing issues with the system’s performance or stability. Also, it can be useful in resolving various issues, such as startup problems and application crashes. In this guide, we will discuss how to perform clean boot on Windows 11.
How to Perform Clean Boot on Windows 11
A clean boot is an important troubleshooting tool for Windows 11 users because it allows them to identify and isolate the root cause of various issues that can affect the system’s performance or stability. By starting up the system with only the essential programs and services running, users can determine whether a software conflict or other issue is causing problems.
Let’s now learn how to perform clean boot on Windows 11.
1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type msconfig into the text field and click OK to open the System Configuration window.
3. Click on the Services tab and check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
4. Click on Disable all to disable all non-Microsoft services.
5. Next, click on the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
6. In the Task Manager window, click on the Startup apps panel and disable all startup items by right-clicking on them and selecting Disable.
7. Close the Task Manager window and go back to the System Configuration window.
8. Click on Apply and then click OK and Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
After the restart, your Windows 11 system will be in a clean boot state, with only essential Microsoft services and drivers running. This can help you figure out how to perform clean boot on Windows 11 diagnose and troubleshoot issues with your system by eliminating any conflicting or unnecessary software.
Note: If you want to go back to a normal startup, simply open the System Configuration window again and click on Normal startup on the General tab.
Why Clean Boot Windows 11?
Clean Boot can save time and effort compared to attempting to diagnose the issue through trial and error, which can be time-consuming and frustrating. Additionally, by identifying the specific program or service causing the problem, users can take appropriate action, such as updating, repairing, or removing the problematic software, in order to restore their system’s performance and stability. Overall, a clean boot is an important troubleshooting technique that can help users resolve a wide range of issues on their Windows systems.
- How to Integrate ChatGPT with WhatsApp
- How to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter on Windows 11
- How to Change Startup Programs on Windows 11
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to figure out how to perform clean boot on Windows 11. Let us know how this method helped you. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.