Fellow Instagrammers, are you often frustrated with managing multiple Instagram accounts? We understand the hardship of keeping up with two or more profiles. If you wish there was an easier way to merge, your go-to tech-savvy source is here. In this article, we’ll explore whether it is possible to merge two Instagram accounts and if so then how. Let’s get started.
How To Merge Two Instagram Accounts
Unity is not only strength but also peace. We understand that it requires a great deal of effort to manage multiple Instagram accounts. Understandably, you may not wish to ignore one account or delete either of them. So, let’s discuss how you can merge them for easy switching.
Can You Merge Two Instagram Accounts?
Unfortunately, Instagram does not allow users to merge two existing Instagram accounts. Unlike Facebook, there is no direct option for users to do so. However, there are two walkarounds that can help you with the same
Method 1: Change Username
Let’s say you have two Instagram accounts; Primary and Secondary. You want to use only Primary Account but not the Secondary one. So, one way to merge them is to redirect your username from one account (Secondary Account) to another (Primary Account). Follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Add or Update your Email in your Instagram Secondary Account
1. Go to the profile section of the account you want to merge.
2. Tap on the Edit profile.
3. Tap on Personal information settings.
4. Now you’ll be redirected to the Personal details section. Tap on Contact info.
5. From here you can update or add your email account. After updating, tap on Done.
Step 2: Download All the Data of your Instagram Secondary Account
1. Go to your Profile section and tap the three horizontal lines icon at the top-right corner.
2. Tap on Your activity.
3. Scroll down and tap on Download your information.
4. Tap on Request a download.
5. Select your Secondary Account profile and tap on Next.
6. Tap on Complete copy.
7. Choose Format, Media quality, and Date range. Tap on Submit Request.
You will be notified in your email with the subject Your Meta information download is ready containing a link to download your data.
8. Click on download your information and follow the on-instructions to complete the process.
9. After downloading all the content, post it to your Primary Account.
Note: It may take up to 30 days for you to receive the email with the download link. But generally, it takes only several hours.
Step 3: Redirect username from Secondary Account to Primary.
1. Go to the Edit profile section of the Secondary Account and change the username of this account.
Let’s say, the username is hi_secondary, you can change it.
2. Now go to the Edit profile section of Primary Account and change this account’s username to hi_secondary (the initial name of the secondary account)
And that’s it, you are done. Now if anyone searches your Secondary Account, they’ll see your Primary Account with content from both of your accounts.
Also Read: How Do I Back Up My Instagram Account
Method 2: Create a New Account
Another way to merge two Instagram accounts is to create a new Instagram account and manually transfer the content from the Primary and Secondary accounts to the new account. And if you’re concerned about followers, you can share your new account username on Stories or Reels on your Primary and Secondary accounts.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Create a new Instagram account.
2. Log in to the account you want to transfer the content from.
3. Download the photos and videos using Step 2 in Method 1.
4. Log in to your new Instagram account and post the downloaded content.
Recommended: How to Temporarily Disable my Instagram Account
We understand the process seems to be complex initially, but as Instagram does not offer any direct option to merge two accounts, these workarounds may effectively help you. If you still have any queries or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.