Have you ever desired to combine multiple PDF files into one without dealing with separate documents and wasting time? If yes, you’re in luck! Google Drive allows you to merge related documents into a single file to save time and resources. Follow this guide until the end to learn how to merge PDF files in Google Drive for simplified sharing.
Table of Contents
How to Merge PDF Files in Google Drive
Google Drive is a versatile cloud storage platform that offers a wide range of features to enhance productivity. Whether you need to combine multiple PDF documents or convert images into a single PDF file, Google Drive provides a simple and efficient solution. Using Google Workspace Marketplace, which has multiple add-ons for Google Drive, you can enhance its capability to work around the files in it.
To merge PDF files in Google Drive using an add-on, simply follow these steps.
1. Go to the Google Drive website and Sign in to your Google account.
2. Now, go to the Merge PDF Files page on the Google Workspace Marketplace website.
3. Click on Install to download the app.
4. Click on CONTINUE from the popup.
5. Now, locate and right-click on the desired PDF File on Google Drive.
6. Hover over Open with and click on PDF Merge.
7. From the newly opened tab, click on From Google Drive.
8. Select the desired account and click on Continue to permit Merge PDF Files to access your Google Account.
9. Select the desired PDF Files and click on SELECT.
10. Click on Merge and wait for a few seconds to Save your merged PDF in Google Drive.
Note: Your merged file will get saved into your Google Drive as merged.pdf.
How to Convert an Image to PDF in Google Drive?
In addition to merging PDF files, Google Drive also allows you to convert images into PDF format. Here’s how you can do so:
1. Navigate to your Google Drive account.
2. Locate and right-click on the desired image.
3. Hover over Open with and click on Google Docs.
4. Then, select the detected text below the image and press the Backspace key from the keyboard to delete it.
5. Now, click on the File option from the navigation bar and hover over the Download option.
6. Click on PDF Document (.pdf) from the options to download the image as PDF.
How to Convert Multiple Images into a Single PDF File in Google Drive?
If you have multiple photos that you want to convert into a single PDF file, Google Drive and Google Docs together provide a convenient method to accomplish this. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. Go to your Google Drive account.
2. Click on the + New > Google Docs option.
3. Click on Insert from the navigation bar and hover over Image.
4. Click on Drive from the options menu.
5. Then, select the desired images you want to convert into PDF.
6. Now, click on the File option from the navigation bar and hover over the Download option.
7. Click on PDF Document (.pdf) from the options to download the PDF.
Also Read: 3 Methods to Convert PDF to Google Sheets
Did you understand how to merge PDF files in Google Drive? If so, you can now manage your documents more efficiently and enhance productivity with Google Drive’s powerful features. If you have any questions or thoughts about this guide, leave them in the comments below.