No matter what platform you are using, it is imperative to respect others and protect your own privacy. Keeping that in mind, Discord provides several options to personalize your account so that you can browse through the app without any users interrupting you. One such customization is that it lets you make your username invisible! In this blog, we will teach you how to make your Discord name or even avatar invisible.
How to Make Your Discord Name Invisible
This feature, a people’s favorite, allows you to maintain your presence on the platform while keeping your username hidden from other users. Let’s see how you can make your Discord name invisible:
Method 1: On Desktop
Follow the below steps on your desktop to make your Discord username invisible:
1. Open the Discord website and log into your account.
2. Now, click on the settings icon next to your Avatar at the left bottom of the screen.
3. Click on Edit next to your DISPLAY NAME.
4. Now, copy an invisible character 1cbc from the link shared here.
5. Paste this invisible character in the DISPLAY NAME text field and click on Save Changes.
After saving the changes, your display name will be invisible to others on Discord. However, it’s important to note that your username can still be seen by everyone. To maintain your privacy, choose a unique username if you prefer not to reveal your real name to others.
Also Read: Discord 2FA Not Working? 8 Ways to Fix It
Method 2: On Android
There are a lot of differences in the user interface of Discord on desktop and Discord app. So let’s follow these easy steps to make your name invisible using a Discord mobile app.
1. Open Discord on your phone.
2. Tap on the Face Emoji at the bottom right of your screen.
3. Tap on Account.
4. Tap on Display Name.
5. Now just copy and paste the invisible character in the Display Name text field.
6. Tap on SAVE at the top right corner of the screen to make the changes.
After this, your Discord display name will be replaced with an invisible character which won’t be visible to anyone.
Change Your Avatar into an Invisible Profile Picture on Discord
Similar to using an invisible character to hide your name, you can use a transparent background image to hide your profile picture from everyone. To make your Discord profile picture invisible, follow these steps:
1. Open Discord and click on the Setting icon in the bottom left corner to access your User Settings.
2. Now click on the Profiles option in the left pane.
3. Click on Change Avatar to upload a new image.
4. Choose a transparent image to make your profile picture invisible.
Also Read: How to Make Role Categories in Discord
If you have concerns about revealing your identity on social networks, opt for a random illustration or avatar for a more fictional look. Also, choose a unique name that doesn’t disclose your real identity. We hope you know everything about how to make your Discord name invisible. If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to drop them down in our comment section.