We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie, as David Mamet quoted in his play Boston Marriage. And that is true for Minecraft as well. Pies are one of the easiest things to craft because they mainly consist of renewable products which are easy to get your hands on. Admittedly they might not taste anything like what we have in real life, but the nutritional benefit received by your character in the game makes it an ideal snack for long exploring sessions. So how do you make your own pie in Minecraft? Let’s find out.
How to Make Pie in Minecraft
Pie in Minecraft generally refers to pumpkin pie. It is one of the classic recipes in the game, and with the spooky season right around the corner, there’s no better way to take part in the festive spirit than baking one for you.
Here are the ingredients you need to make a pumpkin pie: 1 pumpkin, 1 unit of sugar, and 1 egg.
- Pumpkins are generated naturally in piles and can be found mainly in jungles or villages, namely in Taiga or the snowy Taiga village. You can mine them using any tool such as an axe.
Harvesting Pumpkins: You can even grow Pumpkins if you can obtain their seeds.
- Just break a pumpkin block and obtain its slices. Put the slices on a crafting table or slots in your inventory to create seeds.
- When you have seeds, is time to prepare the land. So, dig a hole in the dirt and fill it with water.
- Make a hoe and start clicking right on the dirt around the water block to till it. Once tilled, all dirt blocks will turn darker.
- Keep it wet and plant the pumpkin seed. Once planted, you will see a stem growing and the pumpkins will grow on one of the surrounding blocks.
Note: You will need at least one block free next to the pumpkin to free.
- Sugar is harvested through sugar canes which are predominantly found growing by water in any biomes.
- You can collect eggs by hanging around a chicken for a long enough time. You do not kill them, just wait for them and once they drop an egg, you can pick it up.
Once you have all the ingredients, arrange the items on a crafting table in a 3×3 crafting grid or your inventory.
Also Read: 30 Best Minecraft Survival House Ideas
How to Make Apple Pie In Minecraft
Apples are not so commonly found inside the Minecraft universe but you can sometimes get lucky and find a few around Oak and Dark Oak leaves when they are destroyed. So, to make an apple pie all you need to do is:
- Open your crafting grid and place 1 apple, 1 sugar, and 1 egg in the same row following the same sequence.
- If done right an apple pie will be automatically formed right next to your grid which can be then stored inside your inventory.
Pies require little to no resources to make, are widely available within the game, and often can be customized further to make things more interesting. We hope our guide helped you make a pie in Minecraft. Stay connected to TechCult for more such game-related information.