Do you want to keep your Discord server safe from trolls and raids? If so, you may have thought about how to lock roles on Discord. Role locking is a feature that lets you control which users have access to specific channels and abilities on a server. Having said that, we will walk you through the basics of using this feature on Discord PC and assist you in keeping your server safe.
Table of Contents
How to Lock Roles on Discord
Locking roles on Discord ensures that only specified persons have access to change server settings and manage the roles. This is important as it helps to avoid unauthorized server changes and guarantees that only trusted individuals may manage roles and permissions. Abide by the steps below to know how it is done.
Method 1: Lock Roles on Discord PC
These steps are to lock roles in Discord web application on your PC:
1. Open Discord on your PC.
2. Right-click on the server in question from the left panel with all the servers listed.
3. Hover over the Server Settings option and select Roles.
4. Find the role that you want to manage and click on it.
5. Click on the Permissions tab.
6. Turn off any permission you want. To lock the role, disable the Manage Roles option.
There you go, you have successfully learnt how to Lock Roles on Discord.
Also Read: How to Add Color Roles in Discord Mobile
Method 2: Lock Roles on Discord Android
If you use Discord on your phone, then this step is essential for you, read on.
1. Open the Discord app, select your channel and tap the three vertical dots next to your channel’s name.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Scroll down and tap on Roles.
4. Select the @everyone role.
5. Make sure the Manage Roles permission is disabled.
That’s it! Easy, your role is all safe and secure.
How to Add Roles on Discord
Along with how to lock roles on Discord, you must be aware of the process of adding roles to manage your servers. When you assign roles, you can have control over who has access to the channels or commands. It is also helpful in maintaining a hierarchy within the different communities on the server. Let us see how you can add roles on Discord.
Refer to the first four images mentioned above for instructions in the following steps.
1. In Discord app on your PC, open the server you want to add roles to and click its name in the top-left corner.
2. Click Server Settings.
3. Select Roles in the left sidebar.
4. Click on Create Role.
5. Type in the name of the role. You can also choose an image.
6. Once you’re done, click on Save Changes at the bottom of the page. Your role will be added to the list of server roles.
Why Can’t I Get Roles on Discord?
There could be various reasons why you can’t get roles on Discord, below are some of the potential reasons.
- The first possible reason could be that the server owner has not been allowed permission to allocate roles.
- Another one could be an issue with the hierarchy of role permission, which can result in unstable functionality of the roles.
- Additionally, you may need to ensure that all the bots have the necessary permission enabled.
Knowing how to Lock Roles on Discord can prevent members from changing their responsibilities and keep your server secure. So, go ahead and lock your roles! Please feel free to share your honest feedback or leave any questions you may have in the comments section below.