Since its launch, Telegram has boasted about its emphasis on user privacy and security. Well, it holds true to some extent, as, unlike WhatsApp, you don’t have to give out your phone number for people to contact you on the platform. But, if you’ve set the privacy settings to allow everyone to see your number, you will need to manage your contacts on Telegram. You might need to know if someone on Telegram has saved your number without your knowledge. This will allow you to take charge of who gets to contact you via phone number. So, let’s get straight into it!
How to Know If Someone Saved Your Number on Telegram
Anyone who has your Telegram username can find you on the platform. It’s as simple as that. Hence, many users keep their mobile numbers hidden on Telegram. However, if you have allowed all to access your number, does it show who exactly has it saved on their phone? Unfortunately, no. It does not specifically reveal whether an individual has your number or not.
If you have saved a phone number on your phone and enabled the Sync Contacts feature on Telegram, then they can see your number easily. However, they may or may not save it.
Fortunately, we have two workarounds that can help you with the same.
Note: The following methods only work when you have someone’s phone number and want to know if they have saved yours. However, there’s no foolproof method to find out whether any stranger on Telegram, whose number you don’t have, has saved yours in their contacts.
Method 1: Via Broadcast Message
Broadcast on WhatsApp allows users to send a message to multiple contacts, all at once with a single tap. However, for that, the contacts need to have your number saved in their address book. Follow the steps below:
1. Open WhatsApp and tap the three-dots icon at the top right corner.
2. Tap on New broadcast in the context menu.
3. Select a few recipients including the targeted person and then tap on the Tick (Done) icon at the bottom right corner.
4. In the text field, enter your message and tap on the Send icon.
5. Now press and hold the message in the chat section and tap the i icon on the top to see the Message info.
6. If you find the targeted person under Delivered to, that means the person has saved your phone number in their contacts.
Method 2: Via Status Updates
Now for someone to see your Status Updates on WhatsApp, they have to save your number first. Refer to our guide on How to Show and Hide WhatsApp Status from Someone and once you upload a status, wait, and check if you can find their name in the viewer’s list.
How to Manage Your Contacts on Telegram
You can delete any particular contact from Telegram. Don’t worry, it would not remove it from the address book, but only from the platform. Follow the steps:
1. Open Telegram and tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
2. Tap on the Contacts option.
3. Select the one you want to delete and tap on their username or profile photo at the top of the chat screen.
4. Tap on the three-dots icon at the top-right corner, followed by Delete contact in the context menu.
5. A popup will appear, tap on the Delete option to confirm.
If you want your delete all contacts at once, follow these steps:
1. In Telegram, tap the three horizontal lines icon in the top left corner, followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Privacy and Security and then under the Contacts section, tap on Delete Synced Contacts.
3. Tap on Delete again to confirm.
Note: If you want your deleted contacts not to be re-synced, make sure to disable the Sync Contacts option.
If You Add Someone on Telegram Will They Know Your Number?
Well, it depends on your privacy settings on Telegram whether someone will get to see your number when you add them. Now if you have turned off the visibility of your phone number, they won’t be able to see it.
You do not need to exchange your number, instead, you can get your Telegram profile link and send it to others or share your username, which they can search and add you.
Can Someone Message You Without Your Number on Telegram?
Yes, it is possible for someone to send you a message on Telegram even if they don’t have your phone number. This can be possible only if they have your accurate username, which serves as a public identifier that can be searched on the app.
That is it! We hope our blog helped you know if someone saved your phone number on Telegram. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments section below. Stay tuned to TechCult for more such informative blogs.