As a WhatsApp user, there may be times when you want to share updates with close friends. However, you may wish to keep certain acquaintances or friends out of the loop. Fortunately, this messaging platform allows you to control who sees your status. In this article, you’ll learn the step-by-step process of how to hide your WhatsApp status from someone and show it to others on your Android phone.
Table of Contents
How to Show and Hide WhatsApp Status from Someone
You can hide your WhatsApp status from specific people before posting it. To do this and show it to others, follow these methods.
Let’s learn how to easily allow or deny certain contacts access to your WhatsApp status updates.
1. Open the WhatsApp app.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon and then select Settings.
3. Choose Privacy.
4. Open the Status menu.
5A. Select My contacts except… and select the target contacts you don’t want to share your status with.
5B. Again from the Status menu, choose Only share with… and select the desired contact you want to show your status to.
Method 1: Hide WhatsApp Status
To hide your WhatsApp status from someone, follow the steps given below:
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
2. Select the three-dotted icon from the upper right corner.
3. Then, tap on Settings followed by Privacy.
4. There, tap on Status.
5. Then, select the My contacts except… radio button.
6. Select the desired contact from whom you want to hide your status and tap on the checkmark icon.
Also Read: Fix WhatsApp Status Not Showing on Android
Method 2: Show Status to Specific People
To create and put a WhatsApp status for only one person, follow these simple steps:
1. Navigate to the Status privacy menu, as explained in the previous method.
2. Now, choose the Only share with… radio button.
3. Select the target contact you want to share your update with and tap on the checkmark icon.
What Happens When You Block Someone from Seeing Your WhatsApp Status?
When you block someone on WhatsApp, they cannot see your status updates. It includes any new status updates you post and any old status updates you have not deleted. Additionally, the blocked contact will not be able to see your profile picture or your last seen timestamp.
We hope this guide was helpful and you learned how to show and hide your WhatsApp status on Android from someone. This way, you can curate your audience and express yourself while safeguarding your personal boundaries. Share your queries or suggestions in the comments, and don’t forget to explore our website for helpful guides.