One thing about gaming is pretty clear: it isn’t fun without friends and this is where Xbox Party kicks in. It allows users to talk and chat with one another while playing games together, even when they’re not on the same platform. All it takes is someone to start the party and invite others. But there’s a catch. It is designed to work seamlessly across Xbox consoles and the Xbox Game Bar app on Windows. Now for Mac users, there’s no such app available, which raises the query about how can they join an Xbox party. Let’s find out in this guide.
How to Join Xbox Party on Mac
Online gaming communities have risen to provide a great opportunity to stay connected with other members. Cross-platform communication is a feature that Xbox Party brings along, which enables users to interact with each other in real-time using voice and text chat. This particularly helps them while coordinating strategies, discussing gameplay, and having fun together.
Well, the only way to join a party on a Macbook is by installing Windows on it. But there’s a catch, Macs are divided into Intel and M1/M2 chips. Current-day Macbooks come with Apple’s M-series silicon processors. So, we have two detailed guides, either of which you can follow, depending upon the chip to complete this installation:
- How to Install Windows 10 on Mac for Free (for Intel-based Mac)
- How to Install Windows on Mac Without Parallels (for M1-based Mac)
Once you have successfully installed Windows on a Mac device, all you have to do is join the chat on the Xbox party app as you would do on any other Windows 10 or 11 PC.
1. Open the Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar.
2. Click on Install.
In most cases, the Xbox Game Bar app comes pre-installed on Windows PCs. However, as you have installed Windows OS on your Mac, you might have to separately download the Game Bar.
3. Once installed, launch the Xbox Games Bar app and Click on SIGN IN present in the Xbox Social window.
4. Wait for a new window to open, click on SIGN IN, and finish the sign-up process.
5. Now at the top of the window, you’ll find a menu bar with different options. Click on the Widget menu as shown in the image.
6. From the drop-down menu, click on Xbox Social. This will open the social widget on the right side of your screen.
You’ll see a list of all your Xbox friends and whether they’re currently playing a game or doing something else.
7. To join a friend’s party, simply right-click on their name and Click on Party.
8. Select the Join Party option.
How to Join Xbox Party on Phone
1. Download and install the Xbox app.
2. Launch the app and SIGN IN with your Microsoft account.
3. Tap on LET’S GO, followed by Next.
4. You can also link your Steam, Twitch, Discord, and Reddit accounts. If not, just simply tap on NOT NOW.
5. Now tap on ADD FRIENDS if you want to add more. Otherwise, tap on NOT NOW.
6. Tap on the two-person icon (Social) in the bottom bar.
7. Move to the Parties tab and tap on START PARTY.
8. Select your friends from the list you want in your Xbox Party and tap on SUBMIT.
9. You’ll start a party Give Xbox Audio record permissions by tapping on Allow.
We hope our guide helped you join an Xbox Party on Mac. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments box below. For more such interesting tech tutorials, stay connected to TechCult.