Discord is a popular messaging and voice chat app used by gamers and other communities. While Discord allows users to send messages and share content, sometimes there are certain messages that you may want to hide from others to avoid spoilers or to keep sensitive information private. In this article, we will discuss the same using spoiler tags or vertical bars.
How to Hide Words in Discord
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to hide words in Discord in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Here’s how to use spoiler tags in Discord:
1. Type your message in Discord as usual.
2. Select the portion of your message that you want to hide with spoiler tags.
3A. Click on the eye icon in the formatting toolbar above the message input box.
3B. Alternatively, you can type || (two vertical bars) before and after the text you want to hide. The selected text will now be hidden behind a grey box with the text spoiler written on it.
4. Send your message as usual.
Can I Hide Words in Discord?
Yes, you can hide words in Discord by using the Markdown syntax of double vertical bars or spoiler tags.
Why Should You Hide Words in Discord?
Hiding words in Discord can be useful for hiding spoilers or sensitive information. By using the spoiler tag and enclosing words, images, videos, or links in two vertical bars (|), you can ensure the content is hidden from view until someone clicks on it. It allows users to share important information without spoiling the surprise for others. Additionally, it also prevents users from accidentally seeing content that could be inappropriate or triggering for them.
Also Read: How to Hide Images on Discord Mobile
When to Hide Words in Discord?
You may want to hide certain words or phrases in Discord to maintain a safe and inclusive environment for your server’s users. For example, you may want to hide when
- There are words or phrases that are racist, sexist, or otherwise hurtful to others.
- Repeated messages or messages containing irrelevant or nonsensical information.
- Words or phrases that reveal confidential or personal information.
How to Hide Words in Discord
After understanding when to hide words in Discord, let us now get our minds on hiding words in Discord. It is pretty simple, there are two methods you can try to do so. Let us learn how to hide spoiler text in Discord.
Method 1: Use Two Vertical Bars
1. Launch the Discord app on your mobile.
2. Open the desired channel where you want to hide the words.
3. Type your message in the text box.
4. Next, insert two vertical lines before and after the words you wish to hide.
Note: For example (|| hidden words ||).
5. Then, tap on the send icon to post your message on Discord.
6. Your message will be sent with a hidden layer.
Also Read: How to Hide Chat on Twitch
Method 2: Using Spoiler Command
Now, the other method for how to hide spoiler text in Discord is by blackout text on Discord mobile using the spoiler command.
1. Type / spoiler in the specific channel text box.
2. Tap on the message option from the pop-up.
3. Type the desired text you wish to black out.
4. Tap on the Send icon.
5. Now, your text will not be visible. Only when a server member taps on it, then the content will be revealed.
How to Hide Blocked Messages on Discord
You can’t actually hide blocked messages on Discord, but you can mute or block the user who sent the message, which will prevent their messages from appearing on your server. Follow the steps mentioned below:
Note: Steps may differ depending on the version of the app you use.
1. Open Discord on your phone.
2. Press and hold the chat channel name to open the channel options menu.
Note: You can also select the Server name.
3. Tap on the Mute Channel option.
4. Select the desired duration for which you want to mute the channel.
5. Tap the Unlock option to unhide the messages.
6. Tap on Mute to save the changes.
Also Read: Discord Commands List
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why is Discord hiding some content?
Ans. Discord may hide some content in order to protect users from harassment or other forms of abuse. Discord also hides content that is deemed inappropriate, such as offensive language, or content that violates Discord’s terms of service. Additionally, Discord may hide content in order to protect users from scams or other malicious activities.
Q2. What is hide names in Discord?
Ans. Hide names in Discord is a feature that allows you to hide usernames, hashtags, words, emojis, and more from your home timeline, replies, and notifications.
Q3. Does Discord show your real name?
Ans. No, Discord does not show your real name. When you create an account, you are required to provide a username, which is used to identify you in the platform. You can also choose to set a custom display name that is separate from your username, which can be changed at any time.
Q4. Can I be tracked on Discord?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to be tracked on Discord. Discord offers a number of different methods for tracking users, such as IP tracking, which uses your IP address to identify you and determine your approximate physical location.
Q5. How do you censor a picture on Discord mobile?
Ans. You can censor a picture on Discord mobile by using the moderation feature. To use this feature, open the user profile of the user who posted the picture and clicks the Moderate option. This will open a moderation window, where you can select the image, you want to censor.
- Fix Amazon Prime Error Code 9345
- How to Use Chip Bot on Discord
- How to Hide Messages on Instagram
- How to Hide or Delete Amazon Order History
You can filter out content that you don’t want other people to see by hiding text on Discord. Discords conceal text function completes the process. But we hope that offering you our guidance on how to hide words in Discord was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have any suggestions regarding the same. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.