Telegram is one of the most popular messaging apps available today. It is a messaging service that many people use for different uses. A very unique feature that some users are looking for in instant messaging apps like this is the ability to go live on the app. Thus, you may be asking questions like can you live stream on Telegram? In this case, this article has got you covered. Although the Telegram app is quite intuitive and straightforward, you may not be aware of how to live stream on Telegram. It can be very helpful to know the specific steps that you have to follow in order to do this. This article is therefore regarding all the information you need on how to go live on Telegram.
Table of Contents
How to Go Live on Telegram
Here, you will get to about various ways to live stream on Telegram.
What is Live Stream on Telegram?
The live stream feature on Telegram is a feature that has been added to Telegram not so long ago. Likewise, it is a feature that simply lets users live stream a video or voice to others. Similar to any other live stream feature on popular live streaming platforms, this feature on Telegram works the same. There are also additional features available that let users customize their live stream. These features include the ability to live stream directly from the app, the ability to schedule a live stream for a specific time and date as well as the ability to stream using third-party platforms. Although there are tons of options available when it comes to instant messaging apps, Telegram is one of the most feature-rich options available. This feature to live stream is just one of the reasons why Telegram is the go-to instant messaging app for many people.
Can you Live Stream on Telegram?
The short answer is Yes. You can live stream on Telegram. Likewise, there are many features that the app offers that you may not find in other instant messaging apps like it. This is a standout feature that lets you live stream to your friend as well as other users on the platform or not. In other words, it is possible to live stream to other people you don’t know as long as they have the invite link. This means that anyone can find and watch your live stream on Telegram. Another huge advantage of this useful feature is the ability to live stream on Telegram using both the desktop as well as the mobile app. You may now be wondering how to go live on Telegram. Although the Telegram app UI is very user-friendly, some new users may not be aware of the steps to do this. In this case, you can read along in this article to find out a simple step-by-step guide that you can follow.
Ways to Go Live on Telegram
Following are the methods to live stream on Telegram.
Method 1: Use Telegram App to Live Stream
1. Launch the Telegram app and open one of the Telegram channels.
Note: This is the channel where you will live stream from.
2. Go to the conversation header at the top-right corner and click on the stream icon.
3. In the Start Live Stream as… window, select the option for personal account or channel.
4. Click on Continue.
5. After starting the Telegram live stream, click on the Unmute before speaking to the listeners.
Method 2: Schedule Live Stream
1. Open the Telegram app and go into a Telegram channel.
2. Click on the stream icon at the top-right corner of the conversation header.
3. Click on the Schedule live stream option.
4. In the Schedule Live Stream window, enter the date as well as the time for the live stream.
5. Click on the Schedule option.
6. After scheduling a Live Stream, it is also possible to start the live stream instantly by clicking on the Start Now button.
7. Once the live stream starts, click on the Unmute option.
Also Read: How to Add Members in Telegram Group
Method 3: Use Third-party Platform to Live Stream
1. Open up a browser and go to a third-party platform like Restream website.
2. Click on the Sign up today button.
3. Choose the plan for Restream.
Note: You can select the Basic plan for free while other plans comes with premium subscriptions.
4. Type in e–mail address and password to sign up for free.
5. After signing in, click on the Add Channel button.
6. Click on the Telegram option.
7. Open the Telegram app and go into a channel for the live stream.
8. Click on the Stream icon.
9. After clicking on the Stream icon, click on the Stream with… option.
9. Click on Copy Server URL.
10. Paste the copied URL into the Restream RTMP URL text field.
11. Go back to the Telegram app and click on Copy Stream Key.
12. Paste it into the Restream Stream key text field.
13. Click on Add Channel and click on Close.
14. Click on the Stream with Studio option.
15. Type in the user name and click on the Enter Studio option.
15. Click on the Go Live button to live stream.
Also Read: How to make video calls on Telegram?
How to Live Stream on Telegram Mobile
Although it is rather straightforward on how to go live on Telegram using a desktop, you may be wondering how you can do the same on mobile. Likewise, it is possible to go live using the Telegram Mobile app. You can follow the steps below to live stream on Telegram Mobile.
1. Open the Telegram app and go to a Telegram channel.
2. Tap anywhere on the channel chat header.
3. Tap on the three dots icon in the top-right corner.
4. Tap on the Start Live Stream option.
5. Select the channel to start the stream as.
Note: You can appear in the live stream as your private channel or the stream channel.
6. Tap on the Start Live Stream button.
7. Tap on the Unmute button.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it possible to live stream on Telegram?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to live stream on Telegram. Likewise, you can live stream to the channel members as well as any other who has the stream’s invite link.
Q2. Can you live stream on Telegram using the mobile app?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to live stream on Telegram using the Telegram Mobile app. You can simply follow the step-by-step guide in this article to do the same. Likewise, the live stream using the desktop app works similarly to the one using the mobile app.
Q3. Can you use third-party platforms to live stream on a Telegram channel?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to live stream using third-party platforms on the Telegram channel. This is an intuitive way to live stream with more flexibility.
Q4. What are the popular third-party platforms that you can use to live stream on a Telegram channel?
Q5. How is the Telegram live stream different from other live streams?
Ans. The Telegram live stream is similar to any other streaming apps. However, the live stream offers users the ability to stream to anyone who has the stream link or stream only to a channel’s members.
Q6. What is the advantage of Telegram live stream?
Ans. The advantage of streaming is that it allows users to engage with channel members in real-time. Likewise, it serves a number of useful purposes as it lets you increase engagement with the viewers or listeners. Some uses for this feature include online classes, conferences, etc.
Q7. Can you switch over from a live stream on the Telegram Desktop app to the mobile app?
Ans. Yes, you can easily switch over from a live stream that is started on the desktop app to the mobile version of the app. You can also do this the other way around and switch over to the desktop version from the Telegram mobile app.
- Fix Google Sheets is Not Saving
- How to Use Trending Popular Instagram Reel Effects
- Best Hollywood Hindi Dubbed Movie Telegram Channel Link
- 45+ Best Web Series Telegram Channels
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to learn about the steps on how to go live on Telegram. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.