Instagram is a great platform to showcase your life events. You can share it in the form of posts, reels, and stories. If you do not want your content to be public, you can switch your account to private so that only those you know can view your content. But even in the known followers, you have people from various circles, like some from work or some maybe relatives. And if you do not want to share your private moments, Instagram provides a feature of the private story, which allows you to restrict its visibility to certain selected people. You may have seen this feature in action as colored circles on Instagram. The Instagram green circle is the one that tells it is a limited Instagram story. But how can you do it for yourself too? If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we bring you a helpful guide that will teach you how to get a green circle on Instagram.
Table of Contents
- How to Get Instagram Green Circle
- What Do Colored Circles on Instagram Mean?
- What is Instagram Green Circle? What is Green Circle in Instagram?
- What is Instagram Green Circle in Story?
- What is Green and Orange Circle on Instagram Story?
- Why Do We Get Instagram Green Circle on Profile Picture?
- Why is There Green Circle in Instagram Message?
- How to Get Instagram Green Circle? How to Get Green Circle on Instagram?
How to Get Instagram Green Circle
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to get Instagram green circle in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
What Do Colored Circles on Instagram Mean?
If you are a regular Instagram user, you can not miss the Instagram story feature. And you may have also noticed that there exist various colored circles on Instagram. All these colored circles around profile pictures are not for decoration, but they all communicate an action around Instagram stories.
- The orange circle on the Instagram story tells that the user has posted a new story that you have not watched yet.
- The gray circle on the Instagram story tells that the user has posted a story that you have watched but is still available for you to view again.
- A green circle on an Instagram story means that the user has posted a story that is restricted to only Close Friends which you have not viewed yet.
- Rainbow or any other colored circle on the Instagram story is that Instagram is marking some event for which it has launched a new sticker. If someone uses the sticker in their story, they will be able to get such a limited edition circle for their Instagram story.
What is Instagram Green Circle? What is Green Circle in Instagram?
There are many colored circles on Instagram. The most known ones are green and orange circle on IG story. The orange circle is the most common, but some are still confused about the green circle on Instagram. Instagram green circle tells that someone has added a story that is restricted to a few Instagram users, and you are one of them. Instagram allows its users to add private stories. You can do it by using the Close Friends filter. The Instagram green circle stories are generally personal and only shared with people in close; thus, it is also a great way to identify your circle.
Also Read: What Does Help Keep Instagram a Supportive Place Mean?
What is Instagram Green Circle in Story?
In the story, the IG green circle comes after uploading a story. But these green colored circles on IG stories are not regular stories. The green circle on Instagram tells that the story is very personal. The Instagram green circle comes only when someone shares a story with the use of the Close Friends filter. If you see one next time, understand that you are close friends with someone. Because the story will only be visible to those who are added to the Close Friends list before uploading the story.
What is Green and Orange Circle on Instagram Story?
The green and orange circles on Instagram are one of the various story types that we see when we upload Instagram stories. The various colored circles on Instagram tell what type of story this is and what action needs to be taken.
- The orange circle on Instagram comes when you upload a regular story. Your followers will see the orange circle around your profile picture when you upload a story that they have not seen. Thus it tells them to tap on the story to view it.
- The green circle on IG is a special case story that you get to see when someone will upload a story using the Close Friends filter. It means that a person has added you to their close friend list and they want to show you their moments of life. But after viewing the green and orange circle on Instagram story, the circle turns Gray color.
Why Do We Get Instagram Green Circle on Profile Picture?
Whenever you upload a story, the circle around your profile picture gets colored. All these colored circles on Instagram have different meanings. You get the green circle on Instagram when you upload an IG story using the Close Friends filter. But what is the purpose of this? Even if you have a private account on Instagram and you know all your followers, yet, it is possible that you only want to share some moments with only a few close people of yours. In this case, you can use the Close Friends filter before uploading the Instagram story. As soon as you upload the story, you will get a green circle on Instagram profile picture.
Why is There Green Circle in Instagram Message?
While using Instagram, you can access the same things at various places. As for Instagram stories, you can see them on the feed but also access them through Instagram messages. When you open the DMs, the list of people appears. At this point, if they have uploaded a story, you can view it from there only. You can see various colored circles on Instagram profile pictures. When you tap on it, you will get to see the story. If you see the Instagram green circle, it means one of your friends or family members has uploaded an Instagram story with a Close Friends filter. This story is exclusively available for a few people to see, and you are one of them. If you see such a story, view it like any other one.
How to Get Instagram Green Circle? How to Get Green Circle on Instagram?
Getting an Instagram green circle is a few-step process.
Step I: Set Up Close Friends List
But before getting the green circle on Instagram, you have to set up the Close Friends list. Let us see how you can set the Close Friends list.
1. Open the Instagram application on your Android or iOS devices.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Hamburger icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Tap on the Close Friends option from the popup menu.
5. Tap on the Search bar and search for the desired username.
6. Select the profile and tap on the Done option to add that person to your close friends list on IG.
Also Read: How to Get Hair Color Filter on Instagram
Step II: Create Story for Close Friends
When you have created a close friends list, you can easily post a story to get the green circle. To post an Instagram green circle story, follow these steps.
1. Launch the Instagram app on your phone.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Swipe Right from the IG home screen to open the Instagram Camera screen.
3. Tap on the Gallery icon from the lower-left corner and select the desired photo or video from your phone gallery.
Note: You can also capture the pic or record a video from the camera screen.
4. Edit the story with the help of the available editing options.
5. Then, tap on the Close Friends option to upload the story for only the IG accounts included in the Close Friends list.
- How to Delete Facebook Ad Account
- Top 20 Best Free Instagram Post Planner Apps
- What is the Best Way to Create a TBH Post for Instagram?
- How to Get Full Screen Instagram Videos
Colored circle on Instagram is a great feature of Instagram that you can not only post things publicly but also get the chance to restrict them so that only the people that matter see them. We have seen how you can get an Instagram green circle and what is the meaning of various colored circles on Instagram. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.