Imagine capturing a mesmerizing sunset through the lens of your device and friends asking where to witness this magic. Despite your best efforts, you cannot recall the whereabouts. In such cases, knowing how to geotag photos can come in handy. Continue reading to make reminiscing memories easier by learning the answer to your query about how do I enable geotagging on Android.
Table of Contents
How to Geotag Photos on Android
Whether it is a small cafe hidden in alleys or a breathtaking stay in the mountains, geotagging allows you to relive all such experiences with just a glance at your photos. Below we have mentioned the two methods which you can use for the same. So, let us begin.
Method 1: Manually Add Location
The first method lets you manually add the location to your photos without using third-party apps on your device. It is a simple and straightforward process. All you have to do is:
1. Open the Google Photos app.
2. Tap on the image which you want to geotag.
3. Next, tap on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of your screen.
4. Choose Add a location from the options on your screen.
5. Next, Enter a location.
6. Tap on the results on your screen to add a location to your photos.
Method 2: Use Third-Party Apps
Another method that can help you figure out how to geotag photos on Android is using third-party apps. This is useful if in case you are unable to manually add the location. Here are a few options to consider:
Different apps have different steps to add the location to your photos. Below we have mentioned the steps for Geotag Photo GPS Coordinate.
1. Download and install Geotag Photo GPS Coordinate on your smartphone.
2. Launch Geotag Photos app.
3. Give necessary permissions once the pop-up appears on the screen.
4. Tap on the shutter icon to click a new picture.
That’s it! This app will automatically add the precise location at the bottom of your picture.
Also Read: How to Activate Truecaller on Android
How do I Enable Geotagging on Android?
By enabling this feature on your smartphone, you do not have to manually add a location to each photo. Instead, your device will automatically do it for you. Here is how to enable geotagging on Android:
Note: The following steps were performed on Moto Edge 30.
1. Open the Camera on your smartphone.
2. Tap on the settings icon at the top right corner.
3. Next, tap on SAVE PREFERENCES.
4. Now, toggle on Save Location.
Does Android have Geotag?
Yes. If you are wondering does Android have to geotag, then you will be surprised to know that almost all Android smartphones have this feature. It helps users to capture images as well as save their location. Moreover, it is also known as a location tag.
Whether it is about discovering hidden gems while traveling or reliving cherished outings with friends, learning how to geotag photos on an Android phone will ensure that every image contains its location details. So, follow the steps mentioned to enable geotagging and become nostalgic with every photo on your device. See you in the next post!