For individuals who are hesitant to answer calls from unknown numbers or are frustrated with the constant influx of spam callers, Truecaller serves as a savior. This caller identification app equips users with an extensive database and real-time features. However, simply installing the app is not enough. To ensure that you can tap into its full potential, it is important to enable the app into action. In this article, we will show you how to set up and activate Truecaller on an Android device.
Activating Truecaller on Android
Truecaller helps users identify and block spam calls, telemarketers, and potential scams. Say goodbye to the persistent calls asking you to buy a credit card to claim a pre-approved home loan. If you have recently installed the app and have not yet enabled it, why wait? Let’s get that done for you!
Step 1: Set Up Truecaller
1. After installing Truecaller from Google Play Store, open the app and tap on GET STARTED.
2. Select Truecaller under Set Truecaller as your default caller ID & spam app?
3. Tap on CONTINUE to allow the necessary Permissions to the app.
4. Again Allow all the permissions individually required by the app.
5. Select your Country and enter your Phone number in the appropriate fields, then tap on VERIFY NUMBER.
6. Tap on CONFIRM to confirm the number.
Now the app will redirect a call to the number to verify your number.
8. Once your number is verified, follow the on-screen instructions to Create your profile.
9. If you want to enable Truecaller Backup, tap BACK UP NOW. If not, tap on LATER.
10. Tap on the left-pointing arrow at the top-right corner to go back.
Step 2: Enable Truecaller
Now that we have successfully set up the app, it is time to enable its spam protection features.
1. Tap on the profile picture at the top-right corner.
2. Tap on Manage blocking.
3. Toggle on Block top spammers and Block hidden numbers.
You can also turn on Block numbers from foreign countries and Block numbers not in the phonebook if preferred.
Recommended: 15 Best Caller Id App For Android
That’s it. Now Truecaller will take care of all your spam and unwanted calls. We hope that this article helped you in activating Truecaller on Android. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to let us know in the comments. Stay tuned to TechCult.