Voicemod is popular software that lets us change our voices in real-time during voice chats, calls, or streaming sessions. As they can be integrated with Discord, you can add playfulness and surprise your friends with unexpected voices. However, several users have faced embarrassment when trying to use it to prank others, only to realize that it failed to work. In this article, we will explain to you why your Voicemod is not working on Discord and how to fix it. Let’s get started.
How to Fix Voicemod Not Working on Discord
Voicemod offers a diverse array of options to amplify your vocal expressions, which can make your voice truly stand out in the crowd. You can alter pitch & tone and transform your voice into various characters, accents, or even robotic sounds.
To fix this issue, make sure the Restart PC and set the mic properly. If it does not help, tweak the audio settings on Discord:
1. Launch Discord and click on the gear icon next to your username at the bottom-left corner.
2. Click on Voice & Video and select INPUT DEVICE as Microphone (Voicemod Virtual Audio Device (WDM)).
There can be several reasons that could be why Voicemod is not working on Discord:
- Incorrect Voice Input Settings
- Improper Discord Settings
- Outdated Discord app
- Improper Mic Settings
Now, let’s take a look at the methods to resolve this issue:
Method 1: Restart PC
The very basic and usually effective solution to resolve such issues is to restart the PC. It allows the software as well as the drivers to load again, thereby fixing any temporary hardware and software glitches. Wait for the PC to properly boot and load all files and apps. Once done, open Discord and check if Voicemod is now working.
Method 2: Update Windows
Updating the PC to its latest build makes sure to get rid of compatibility issues as well as fixes any form of bugs or glitches with the drivers. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Settings and scroll down to the Windows Update tab.
2. Click on Check for updates and if there is any update available, click on Download & Install.
Also Read: How to Add Jockie Music Bot to Discord
Method 3: Run Voicemod as Administrator
Running Voicemod as an administrator provides it administrative privileges to work efficiently, even with other programs. Follow the steps below:
1. On the Desktop, right-click on Voicemod.
2. Select Run as administrator from the context menu.
Now see if Voicemod is working on Discord.
Method 4: Run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Even though you have updated the Windows OS in the first method, if the error still persists, we should check if Voicemod and the OS are compatible with each other. If there are any issues, running a troubleshooter will resolve them.
1. Launch the Task Manager.
2. Right-click on Voicemod and select End task to kill all its background processes.
3. Now on the Desktop, right-click on Voicemod and select Properties from the context menu.
4. In the Compatibility tab, click on Run compatibility troubleshooter.
Once the process is complete and no issues are detected, launch Voicemod and check if it functions properly.
Also Read: 29 Best Free AI Voice Generator
Method 5: Adjust Discord Audio Settings
Firstly, check if the headphone is properly connected and if the microphone of the audio device or the PC is functional. It is also important that audio settings on Discord are also proper for Voicemod to be working. Incompatible settings can cause issues with the software. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Voicemod application on the PC.
2. Enable the HEAR MYSELF and VOICE CHANGER options from the toggle.
3. Click on SETTINGS on the left and choose the Microphone of the device as INPUT and select your Headphone OUTPUT devices.
4. Now launch Discord and click on the User Settings icon at the bottom left corner.
5. Navigate to the Voice & Video tab and set the INPUT DEVICE to Microphone (Voicemod Virtual Audio Device (WDM)).
6. Under INPUT SENSITIVITY, toggle off Automatically determine input sensitivity.
7. Scroll down, toggle off Echo Cancellation, Automatic Voice Activity, and Automatic Gain Control, and set Noise Suppression to None.
Now check if Voicemod is working fine on Discord.
Also Read: 19 Best Free Discord Voice Changer
Method 6: Configure Microphone Settings in Windows
Even incorrect microphone settings also can create issues with voice input. So, let’s check and set the mic properly:
1. Open Settings on the PC.
2. On the left sidebar, click on System, followed by Sound in the right pane.
3. Under Input, set your headphone with a microphone under Choose a device for speaking or recording.
4. Now scroll down to Advanced and click on All sound devices.
5. Select your microphone under Input devices.
6. In the Input settings section, click on Start test under Test your microphone and then talk or play any audio for a few seconds.
If the result values anywhere between 1% to 100%, the microphone is absolutely functional.
7. Now go back to the Sound tab and under Advanced, click on More sound settings.
8. In the pop-up, go to the Recording tab and double-click on your microphone.
9. Now, in the Advanced tab, change the Default Format to 2 channel, 16-bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality).
10. Click on Apply and then OK to save.
11. Now, again in the Recording tab, select Microphone Voicemod Virtual Audio Device (WDM) and click on Set Default.
12. Click on OK to save.
Now launch Voicemod on Discord and check if the issue is resolved and it’s working.
Method 7: Reinstall Voicemod Drivers
There is a possibility that Voicemod might not be working on Discord because of outdated or faulty drivers. In such cases, we suggest you reinstall the Voicemod drivers. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Launch the Device Manager on the PC.
2. Double-click on Audio inputs and outputs to expand it.
3. Right-click on the Microphone (Voicemod Virtual Audio Device (WDM)) and select Uninstall device.
4. Click Uninstall in the popup to confirm.
5. Once done, Restart the PC.
Once the PC restarts, the driver will be automatically installed and updated. Check if now Voicemod is working efficiently.
Also Read: How to Make Someone Moderator on Discord
Method 8: Reset Windows Mixer
Windows Mixer allows users to control individual volume levels of different audio sources and applications. Resetting it might solve the issue. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the Voicemod application and click on SETTINGS on the left.
2. Toggle off ELIMINATE POPPING and MIC EXCLUSIVE MODE if they are not disabled already.
3. Now without closing the window, open the Settings on the PC.
4. Click on System in the left pane, followed by Sound on the right.
5. Click on Volume mixer in the Advanced section.
6. Now click on Reset next to Reset sound devices and volumes for all the apps to the recommended defaults.
Method 9: Reinstall Discord and Voicemod
If the issue still persists, we suggest you uninstall Discord and Voicemod one after another and reinstall the applications. This would fix all the bugs and download missing files too. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Control Panel, click on Programs, and then on Programs and Features.
2. Right-click on Voicemod and then click on Uninstall.
3. Similarly uninstall Discord.
4. Now visit the official Voicemod website and download the app once again.
5. Launch the Microsoft Store and download Discord from it.
6. Once both apps and installed, log in using your credentials and see if they work fine.
Recommended: 14 Best Free Soundboard Apps
We hope our guide helped you fix the error of Voicemod not working on Discord. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments box below. For troubleshooting solutions to more tech-related errors, stay connected to TechCult.