Pictures act as a memory and capturing them to cherish later is what we all do. However, storing these photos is a task when they stop syncing on your Apple device. Fret not as this guide will assist you in resolving the problem of photos not syncing to your iPhone by employing troubleshooting methods.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Photos Not Syncing to iPhone
The iCloud Photos feature on iPhone allows you to store both pictures and videos in the cloud. It syncs your photos across multiple Apple devices, enabling access from anywhere. If you’re facing issues with photo syncing, keep reading to find out how you can fix it!
To fix photos not syncing to iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Tap on Apple ID in iPhone Settings.
2. Tap on iCloud and select Photos.
3. Finally, toggle on the Sync this iPhone slider.
Why are My Photos Not Syncing to iPhone?
Before moving to the solutions to fix this issue, let’s first discuss why the photos are not syncing to your iPhone. Read the causes mentioned below.
- Temporary glitch or bug.
- Weak internet connection.
- If your device is not charged.
- Full iCloud storage space.
- Outdated software.
We have discussed various methods in this article to fix the issue. You can start with the basic solutions first, then move on to the other ones.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
To start with, try some of these troubleshooting methods to fix the issue:
1A. Restart iPhone
You can start with this basic troubleshooting step to fix the photos not syncing to the iPhone issue. This is the simplest step and when you restart your iPhone then the software glitches get fixed which might be causing the iCloud photos not to show on iPhone 13 problem.
If you wish to learn how to restart your Apple device, then we have a separate guide on How to Restart iPhone X.
1B. Fix Internet Connection
Slow internet connection can also prevent iCloud photos to sync to your iPhone. So, ensure that you have a good internet connection. Read out our guide to fix a slow internet on iPhone.
1C. Charge Device
If you are coming across iCloud photos not syncing to iPad or iPhone, then in this case plug in your device and connect it to Wi-Fi while it is charging. iCloud photos syncs to your iPhone or iPad when it is connected to Wi-Fi and is charged. So, abide by this method to avoid the photos not syncing to the iPhone issue.
Also Read: What Happens If I Turn Off iCloud Photos?
Method 2: Sync iPhone
First, ensure that you have signed into a similar Apple ID using which you have set up iCloud photos, you can check this by navigating to the settings app on your iPhone 11, 12, or 13. If you are using the right Apple ID, then make sure that you have enabled iCloud Photos on your iPhone. To enable this and to learn how to sync iCloud photos to iPhone, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Launch the Settings app, then tap on your Apple ID name located at the top of the screen.
2. Now, tap on iCloud, select Photos, and after that toggle on the Sync this iPhone slider.
Method 3: Update iPhone
An outdated version of iOS can also lead to iCloud photos not showing on iPhone 11 or 12. The iOS update comes up with the latest features, security updates, fixes bugs, and more. Thus, we advise that you install the latest software whenever it is available. Read the steps discussed below to update your iPhone:
1. Tap on the General option in the Settings app.
2. Then, tap on the Software Update option.
3. Now, tap on the Download and Install option.
Method 4: Enable Mobile Data
When you come across photos not syncing to iPhone issues, make sure that mobile data is turned on. To enable it, abide by the given steps:
1. First, go to the iPhone Settings app.
2. Next, tap on Photos and select the Mobile Data option. Then, turn on the Mobile Data slider. You can also toggle on the Unlimited Updates slider if your data plan allows.
Method 5: Toggle Off/On iCloud Photos
Another method that you can use to resolve the issue you are facing is this one. To learn how to toggle off/on iCloud photos, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Launch the Settings app on your device and tap on the Photos option.
2. Hereafter, toggle off the iCloud Photos slider, wait for a few seconds, and toggle it on again.
Also Read: What Happens When I Delete iCloud Backup?
Method 6: Ensure Enough iCloud Storage
People who own an iPhone, get 5GB of iCloud storage for free but this is not enough because nowadays people click so many pictures. If you have used all your free iCloud storage space, then you can come across photos not syncing to your iPhone or iPad.
To check the space you have used, read the given steps:
1. Open the Settings app and tap on your Apple ID name located on top of the screen.
2. Now, tap on the iCloud option. After this, you will be able to see the current storage.
If you have used all your free iCloud storage, then you will have to free up some of it or you can also upgrade to the paid storage plans of Apple.
Method 7: Optimize iPhone Storage
The photos and the videos that you capture on your device are by default saved in the high-resolution format in the iCloud Photos as well as on your iPhone 11, 12, or 13. This can increase your device’s storage quickly. So, what you can do in this case is make use of the Optimize Storage feature to save the storage space on your device.
To turn this on and fix photos not syncing on iPhone, read the following steps:
1. In the Settings app and tap on your Apple ID.
2. Tap on Photos in iCloud and select Optimise iPhone Storage option.
Also Read: Fix iCloud Photos Not Syncing to PC
Method 8: Reset Network Settings
If you opt for this method then you must know that network as well as the internet-related data and information will be removed from your device such as the Wi-Fi passwords and names, Bluetooth device pairings, and mobile network preferences.
To learn reset network settings on your device and resolve the issue of iCloud photos not showing on iPhone 11, 12, or 13, follow these steps:
1. Open the General section in Settings and tap on the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
2. Then, tap on Reset and select the Reset Network Settings option.
We hope that our article helped you fix photos not syncing to iPhone. Let us know which method worked for you. You can reach out to us with your suggestions and queries via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to gain insights on in our next article.