Magic Mouse is compatible with Windows 10/11, but you might face some issues like Magic Mouse not connecting or working properly on your PC. This can be due to various reasons that may or may not be associated with the device itself. In this guide, we will explain how to pair Magic Mouse to Windows 10 properly and fix the said issue.
How to Fix Magic Mouse Not Connecting on Windows 10
If you don’t know how to pair it on Windows laptop, scroll to the end of the guide.
There might be varying reasons why you are facing this issue, including an outdated Bluetooth driver or Operating System or connectivity via Bluetooth.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Let’s first see the basic troubleshooting methods before getting into the complex solutions:
1A. Switch OFF and ON Magic Mouse
The first thing when facing this issue is switching off the Magic Mouse. Wait a few seconds and then switch it back on. It is a tried and tested method for solving major issues irrespective of the Operating System used.
1B. Turn OFF and ON Bluetooth Service
In a similar way, you can also try switching off and on Bluetooth service to fix Magic Mouse not connecting on Windows 10 issue. This can be done by following the below-given steps:
2. Turn off the toggle for the Bluetooth option.
3. Then, turn on the toggle for the Bluetooth option again. Now, wait a few seconds for Magic Mouse to connect.
1C. Re-Add Magic Mouse to Bluetooth Devices
Another basic troubleshooting method is to remove and then add again the Magic Mouse. Sometimes it so happens that a PC is not able to recognize a device the first time you try. Therefore, one should definitely try to re-add Magic mouse to your Windows 10 PC.
Also Read: How to Reset Magic Mouse
AppleWirelessMouse64 is the official driver for using the Magic Mouse on Windows 10/11 PC. Installing this driver will potentially fix how to pair Magic Mouse to Windows 10. It is available for 64-bit versions of Windows PC.
Method 3: Correlate Issue with Past Events
Going through the Events tab in device properties can help you decipher the potential cause. This can further help to fix Magic Mouse 2 not connecting on Windows 10 by researching the particular event after which the Magic Mouse stopped functioning.
2. Double-click on Mice and other pointing devices.
3. Now, right-click on the mouse and choose Properties from the menu.
4. Finally, click on the Events tab at the top to understand the issue more clearly.
Also Read: How to Fix Mac Bluetooth Not Working
Method 4: Update Bluetooth Driver
An outdated or incompatible Bluetooth driver may compromise Magic Mouse connection with Bluetooth service of your PC or laptop. Accordingly, you will face Magic Mouse not connecting on Windows 10 error. Therefore, it is advised that you update your Bluetooth driver before going further with any method to fix Magic Mouse not working on Windows 10. Follow the below-given steps to do the same:
2. Click on Bluetooth to show all mice connected to the PC/laptop till now.
3. Right-click on the mouse that is causing trouble and then click on Update driver.
Method 5: Reinstall Bluetooth Driver
In case the Bluetooth driver of your PC is already the latest compatible version then you should try uninstalling and then reinstall compatible Bluetooth driver. Follow the below-given steps to do the same:
1. In Device Manager, double-click on the Bluetooth option.
2. Right-click on the mouse causing trouble and click on Uninstall device.
3. After installation, download and install the latest driver for Windows 10 and Windows 11. In case the aforementioned driver does not work for you then download the driver from the official website of the Bluetooth adapter.
Method 6: Run Antivirus Scan
Viruses are a fundamental cause of Magic Mouse not connecting on Windows 10. Therefore, you may save a lot of time by quickly checking for infections before using any additional methods. Third-party antivirus scanners make this task simple to do. Additionally, if one is not accessible, you can utilize the built-in virus scanner by following the instructions below:
1. Press Windows + X at the same time to open the Power menu and click on Settings.
2. Click on Update & Security.
3. Click on Windows Security from the left pane and choose the Virus & threat protection option.
4. Click on Quick scan.
Also Read: Fix Alps SetMouseMonitor Error in Windows 10
Method 7: Update Windows OS
Magic Mouse not connecting on Windows 10 may sometimes be fixed by updating your Windows 10 to the most recent version of the Operating System. Follow our guide on How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update to do the same.
Method 8: Contact Apple Support
In case you are not able to solve this issue with the given methods then contacting Apple Support is the best option available. As Apple Support deals with these kinds of issues on daily basis, therefore they are able to suggest better solutions as per the exact model and manufacturing year of the product.
How to Pair Magic Mouse to Windows 10?
Wondering how to pair Magic Mouse to Windows 10? In order to pair Magic Mouse to Windows 10, you first have to make sure that Bluetooth on other devices is switched off so that you don’t have to waste time while your mouse is unintentionally trying to get paired with other devices.
1. Turn over Magic Mouse on the back and first switch off and then switch on it to see the green light blinking.
2. Type Bluetooth and other devices in the Windows search box. Click on Open.
2. Turn on the toggle for Bluetooth and click on Add Bluetooth or other device.
3. Select your Magic Mouse from the devices listed and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the process.
Note: In case a numeric code is required while pairing, enter four times zero (0000).
Recommended: Fix Logitech Wireless Mouse Not Working
We hope the above article on how to fix Magic Mouse not connecting on Windows 10 was helpful, and you were able to fix the issue. Let us know which one of the above methods worked for you in resolving this issue. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.