Are you tired of trying to upload a new profile picture on Instagram only to end up with a blurry mess staring at you? Well, you are certainly not alone. You would want to keep your followers updated about new makeovers and hair transformations. So, if you want your Instagram DP to be perfect, then this article will help you know how to fix blurry profile picture on Instagram.
How to Fix Blurry Profile Picture on Instagram
Sometimes a slow or unstable internet connection can affect image quality during upload. Ensure you have a stable connection before updating your profile picture.
To fix blurry profile picture on Instagram, enable upload at highest quality:
1. Open your Instagram account and tap on three horizontal lines.
2. In Settings and privacy, tap on Data usage and media quality.
3. Finally, toggle on Upload at highest quality.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to fix a blurry profile picture on Instagram:
Method 1: Crop Your Photo to the Profile Ratio
To maintain the best quality for your profile picture, follow these steps:
1. Crop the Photo: Use an image editing tool (such as Photoshop or a free online editor) to crop your photo to a square aspect ratio. Aim for dimensions close to 110×110 pixels.
2. Resize if Necessary: If your photo is larger than 1 megabyte, resize it to a smaller file size. This will prevent Instagram from further compressing it.
3. Save as JPEG or JPG: Save your cropped photo in either JPEG or JPG format.
Method 2: Enable Upload at Highest Quality
To ensure that your Instagram photos retain their original quality, you will have to enable HD settings on the app. For this, all you have to do is:
1. Open the Instagram and tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
2. Choose Settings and privacy from the menu.
3. Next, tap on Data usage and media quality.
4. Toggle on Upload at highest quality.
Also Read: How to Fix Instagram Won’t Let Me Log In
Method 3: Upload Using Instagram’s Built-In Camera
If the in-built camera in your device is unable to click clear high-quality pictures, then you can try the Instagram camera. Here is how to use it:
1. Open Instagram and tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
2. Next, select Edit profile and tap on your profile picture.
3. Choose a New profile picture.
4. Tap on PHOTO at the bottom.
5. Take a new photo or select an existing one.
Now capture a new picture and use it as your profile picture. If this does not solve your blurry image issue, move on to the next method.
Method 4: Clear Instagram App Cache
If it has been a while since you last cleared the app cache, then your device can start lagging or become unresponsive at times. Moreover, cache files can also make apps crash frequently. Here is how to clear the Instagram app cache:
1. Open Settings of your device and tap on Apps.
2. Choose Instagram from the list of apps.
3. Tap on Storage & cache.
4. Now, tap on Clear cache.
Method 5: Update Instagram
If the above-mentioned methods did not work for you, then you can try updating the Instagram app on your device. This way you can get your hands on the latest updates which will further resolve any bugs in the previous version.
1. Launch Google Play Store on your device.
2. Search Instagram in the search bar.
3. Tap on Update.
Note– If you cannot see the Update option on Google Play Store then, it means that auto-update is on your device. In this case, the device automatically updates all apps.
Method 6: Upload Profile Picture Using Browser
To your surprise, using Instagram on the browser can help you save data connection. This can also potentially help you in retaining the quality of your profile picture. However, for this to happen, you will have to compromise a few app features.
1. Go to the official Instagram website and log in using your credentials.
2. Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right corner of the screen and select Edit profile.
3. Next, tap on Change profile picture.
4. Choose Upload Photo once the Change Profile Photo pop-up appears on the screen.
Now choose any picture from your gallery to make it your all-new Instagram profile picture.
Method 7: Contact Instagram Help Center
If nothing else worked, this is the last thing you can try your luck at. For this, simply visit the official Instagram help center where you will get answers to all questions.
Also Read: How to Fix Instagram Try Again Later Error
In general, constantly dealing with blurry profile pictures on Instagram can be quite frustrating. But by using the above-mentioned methods, you can learn how to fix blurry profile picture on Instagram like a pro. By remembering these tips, you can make your profile picture look clear, crisp, and amazing.