Instagram is the go-to place whenever you want to take a break and refresh yourself. Instagram tops the list of most used social media platforms around the world. Every other person has an Instagram account. Sometimes, Instagram can be addictive, and to save your precious time from compulsive scrolling through your feed, you may log out of your Instagram account to prevent getting distracted. However, when you try to log back into your account, you might encounter login issues.
According to many Instagram users, Login issues are one of the common problems that users can experience from time to time. If you are unable to log in to your account even after using the correct username and password, then there could be another problem with the login error. Therefore, to fix Instagram won’t let me login issue, we have a guide explaining why you face Instagram login issue and how you can fix it.
8 Ways to Fix Unable to Log in on Instagram
What causes Instagram won’t let me log in error?
There may be several reasons why you are not able to login into your Instagram account. However, a few of the possible reasons could be as follows:
- Incorrect username and password
- Blocked or disabled account
- Using an old version of the Instagram app
- Instagram server error
So, these are a few of the reasons why you can face login issues on Instagram. Now let’s see how to fix Instagram won’t let me log in issue.
Method 1: Restart your phone
Sometimes, a simple restart can help you fix Instagram to function properly. If you are using your device for too long, you may have many processes running in the background. When you have many processes running in the background, there might be not enough system resources to start or run the Instagram app. However, restarting your device will close all background processes and free up the system resources. Therefore, to fix Instagram not letting me log in issue, you can try to restart your device. After restarting your device, try to relaunch Instagram and log into your account.
Method 2: Check your Internet connection
If you are unable to login into your Instagram account, then there are chances you have an unstable internet connection. If the Instagram app does not have access to a stable internet connection, you will not be able to log in or use the app as the app cannot communicate with the servers properly. So, make sure you have a stable internet connection before you try to login into your account.
You can restart your router and run a speed check to fix Instagram won’t let me log in issue. Follow these steps for this method:
1. Unplug your router and wait for about 10-15 seconds for the router to rest.
2. After 15 seconds, plug back the power cable of your router.
3. Wait for the router to start.
4. Finally, connect your phone to your internet connection and try logging into your Instagram account.
If this method was not able to fix the login issue, you can try out the next method.
Also Read: 9 Ways to Fix Instagram Not Working on Wi-Fi
Method 3: Update Instagram app
If you are using the old version of the Instagram app, you might encounter login issues as the app won’t be able to properly communicate with its servers. Therefore, to fix unable to log in on Instagram, download the recently available update for the app.
1. Head to the Google Play Store on your Android device, and click on the Profile icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Click on My apps and games.
3. Select the Updates tab from the top.
4. Finally, check whether Instagram has any available updates.
If there are updates available for Instagram, download them and try to login into your account.
Method 4: Clear cache for Instagram
Sometimes, the application’s files can get corrupted and may cause the app to malfunction. If you are facing login issues on Instagram, chances are the system files are faulty, and clearing the app’s cache can fix Instagram won’t let me log in. Follow these steps to clear the cache for Instagram on your Android device:
1. Open Settings on your device.
2. Scroll down and go to the Apps section.
3. Click on Manage apps.
4. Locate and open Instagram from the list of apps on your screen.
5. Now, click on Clear data at the bottom of the screen.
6. Select Clear cache for the pop-up menu.
7. Finally, click on OK to confirm.
After clearing the app’s cache, try to relaunch Instagram and login into your account.
Method 5: Reset your login password
If you are unable to login into your Instagram account, there are chances that you are entering the wrong account password, or you may not remember your password at the time of login. In this situation, to fix Instagram won’t let me login issue, you can reset your login credentials for your Instagram account.
1. Open the Instagram app on your device, and enter your username in the username field.
2. Now, click on Get help logging in.
3. In the text field, type the email ID or the phone number that is linked with your Instagram account.
4. After entering the email ID or Phone number, tap on Next.
5. If you enter your Email ID to recover your account, click on Send an email.
6. Open your email ID on your device, and find the 6-digit code sent to you by Instagram to recover your password.
7. Copy the 6-digit code and go back to Instagram.
8. Paste the 6-digit code in the text box.
9. Click on Next.
10. Instagram will automatically login into your account.
11. Finally, you can change your password by going into your Security settings.
Method 6: Set the correct date and time on your device
If you are not able to login into your Instagram account, it is probably because Instagram is not able to communicate with its servers because of the wrong date and time on your device. If you have the wrong date and time set on your device, Instagram might reject your access to its servers. Therefore, to fix Instagram won’t let me login issue, make sure you have set the correct date and time on your device.
1. Head to the Settings of your device, and go to Additional settings. However, this option will vary from phone to phone. You might have to navigate to the general management settings.
2. Now, under Additional Settings, click on Date and time.
3. Finally, turn on the toggle for Automatic date and time to ensure your device automatically sets the right date and time.
After resetting your date and time, relaunch Instagram and try to login into your account.
Also Read: How to Send Direct Messages on Instagram
Method 7: Reinstall Instagram
Sometimes, reinstalling the Instagram app on your device can help you fix unable to log in on the Instagram issue. You don’t have to worry about losing any data while uninstalling the app from your device.
1. Head to the Google Play Store on your device.
2. Click on your profile icon from the top right corner of the screen and click on My apps and games.
3. Tap on the installed tab from the top.
4. Locate and open the Instagram app from the list.
5. Click on Uninstall.
6. Finally, after uninstalling the app, you can reinstall it on your device.
7. Once the app reinstalls on your device, try to log into your account.
Method 8: Contact Instagram help center
If none of the methods can fix Instagram not letting me log in issue, the last method that you can resort to is contacting the Instagram help center to raise a query. Instagram help center has helpful guides to help you out if you encounter any issues with the app. Therefore, if you are not able to login into your account, you can follow these steps to contact the Instagram help center:
1. Head to the Instagram help center on your web browser.
2. Click on the Login Troubleshooting link on the website.
3. Finally, you can check out and read the guides mentioned on the website related to all your login issues.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why won’t Instagram let me log in?
If you are not able to log in on Instagram, then you may be entering the wrong username or password. It is always better to double-check your login credentials. Another reason can be someone trying to hack into your account, and in this case, you should immediately change your password. To fix the login issues with Instagram, try to restart your device or reinstall the app on your device.
Q2. Why Instagram Won’t Let Me Log In?
If you are unable to login into your account, then there are chances that you are using the outdated version of the Instagram app on your device. Download the new updates, and then try to login into your account. For a detailed guide, you can follow the methods listed above.
Q3. Why is my Instagram saying there is a problem when I try to log in?
If you violate the terms and conditions of Instagram, then the app might suspend your account for a few days. In this case, you won’t be able to login into your account. Another reason why you are unable to login into your account could be because someone reported your account for misconduct.
- How to Fix Instagram Try Again Later Error
- How To Fix Instagram Music Not Working
- Fix Can’t Send Text Message to One Person
- Fix Android Phone Keeps Restarting Randomly
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Instagram won’t let me log in issue. If you find yourself struggling during the process, reach out to us through the comments and we will help you out.