iMessage is the messaging platform by Apple that supports regular text messaging. It is a handy application as with this app the messages get delivered easily across devices. Many users come across iMessages not syncing on mac issues. So, if you are also one of those who has also faced iMessage not working on mac, don’t worry! In this article, we will discuss how you can fix iMessage not syncing on mac problem.
Table of Contents
How to Fix iMessages Not Syncing on Mac
People can face this issue because of the iMessage server being down, unsuitable iMessage settings, and Outdated OS. To fix this issue, you can try the methods given by us below. So, check them out to resolve the problem.
Method 1: Restart Mac
When you restart your mac then you can fix the iMessages not syncing on mac issue. Follow the steps mentioned below to learn how you can do that:
1. First, click on the Apple Menu icon on your Mac.
2. Then, click on the Restart… option.
Method 2: Wait for iMessage Server Uptime
The iMessage not working on mac problem can be caused if the server that iMessage is run from is down thereby causing this issue. From the Apple System Status page, you can figure out if any of Apple’s online services are experiencing any outages. Even though Apple’s System Status page shows that everything is alright, there could be some outage that is local to you. So, in this case, you can also check the Apple Down Detector page as an alternative.
Even if iMessage is down, you can carry on important conversations with your family and friends through normal texts. Your messages are pushed to green-bubble texts instead of blue-bubble iMessages if iMessage is facing an issue. This means that message is being sent as a text, rather than an iMessage.
Method 3: Fix Slow Internet Connection
The weak Internet connection can also cause iMessages not syncing on mac issue as Mac does not have a cellular network unlike an iPhone and some iPad models to send and receive iMessages. iMessage needs an active internet connection. Thus, you should connect your Mac to a Wi-Fi connection. But if your Wi-Fi connection is weak, you should connect your Mac to a mobile phone over a mobile hotspot. Read our guide on Why is My Mac Internet So Slow All of a Sudden? to learn the reasons and fixes for this problem.
Also Read: How to Fix Kernel Panic Mac Error
Method 4: Clear Messages Cache
By clearing messages cache, you can probably fix the issue. To learn how to clear follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, navigate to the Finder app on your Mac.
2. Next, Press Command + Shift + G key combination on your keyboard.
3. Enter the following path in the text entry box.
4. Then, delete files in the Messages folder named chat.db, chat.db-shm, or chat.db-wal.
5. Restart your Mac and empty the Trash.
Method 5: Re-Login to iMessage
You can also resolve the iMessages not syncing on mac issue by re-login to iMessage. If you want to opt for this method then follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open iMessage on your Mac.
2. Then, click on the Messages > Preferences… option from the top menu bar.
3. Click on the iMessage option from the top of the window.
4. Then, click on the Sign Out option located next to your Apple ID.
5. Finally, Sign In again using your Apple ID after logging out.
Also Read: How Do You Delete Multiple iMessages on Mac
Method 6: Re-Enable iMessage on Mac
To fix iMessages not syncing on mac issue you can try to re-enable iMessage on your mac. To do that follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Go to the iMessage on your Mac.
2. Next, click on the Messages > Preferences… > iMessage option.
3. Under your Apple ID, turn off the toggle for the Enable Messages in iCloud option.
4. After a few seconds, turn on the toggle again for the Enable Messages in iCloud option.
5. Consequently, close the Messages app, and then relaunch it again.
Method 7: Update iMessage App
Want to learn how you can update iMessage on your mac? Abide by the steps given below:
1. Click on Finder > Application > App Store.
2. Then, click on the Updates option from the left pane.
3. Next, click on the UPDATE option for the iMessage app.
Method 8: Update macOS
If you want to remove all bugs from your Mac that might be causing the iMessages not syncing on mac issue, you can try updating your mac to the latest version. Follow the steps mentioned below to update your mac:
1. From the Dock, click on System Preferences.
2. Then, click on Software Update.
3. Finally, if any update is available, click on Upgrade Now.
Also Read: Fix iMessage Needs To Be Enabled To Send This Message
Method 9: Adjust Date and Time
To adjust date and time to fix iMessage not syncing on mac issue, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Click on the System Preferences app on your Mac from the Dock.
2. Click on the Date & Time option.
3. Then, click on the Lock icon located at the bottom of the window to unlock the permissions to make changes in the settings.
4. After that, mark the checkbox for the Set date and time automatically option from the Date & Time tab.
Method 10: Set Correct Email for iMessage
You can set the correct email for iMessage from the app settings to resolve iMessage not working on mac. Follow the steps given below if you want to opt for this method:
1. Launch iMessage on your Mac.
2. Then, click on the Messages option from the top menu bar.
3. Select the Preferences > iMessage option.
4. Then, click on the Add Email option and add the desired email.
Note: If the phone numbers do not match, you must click on the Sign Out option and use the phone number from your iOS device to sign in to the same Apple ID on your Mac.
Method 11: Force Sync iMessage App
To force sync the iMessage app, follow the given steps:
1. Open the iMessage app and click on the Messages option.
2. Click on the Preferences… option from the drop-down menu.
3. Next, click on the iMessage tab from the top.
5. Select the Sync Now option and wait for a while so that the syncing process is completed.
Note: If the option is grayed out, you will have to first mark the Enable Messages in iCloud checkbox.
Also Read: Fix Could Not Sign in to iMessage or FaceTime
Method 12: Log In Using Same Apple ID
You can also try logging in using your same Apple ID to resolve the issue. Try the given steps to fix the problem:
1. Navigate to System Preferences on your Mac.
2. Then, click on Apple ID.
3. Then, click on the Overview tab.
4. Sign Out of your Apple ID and Log in back with the same Apple ID.
- How to Remove Card from PayPal
- Why are My Notifications Not Making Sound on iPhone?
- How to Turn Off Deliver Quietly on iMessage
- Fix iMessage Not Delivered on Mac
So, we hope you have understood how to fix iMessages not syncing on Mac and iMessage not working on Mac with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.