Xbox is a popular gaming platform that allows players to come together and enjoy gaming experiences. Gamertags are used on the platform to identify a player, which is distinct for each user. So, if you’re curious about someone’s real name on Xbox based on their Gamertag, this article will guide you through the steps to find out the same.
Table of Contents
How to Find Someone’s Real Name on Xbox
Xbox is not just a gaming platform, but also a place where players can share their scores, highlights, and connect with others. Additionally, you have the option to locate out a gamer’s real name. To identify the online profile of an Xbox user, simply follow these steps:
Note: You will see someone’s real name only when they have enabled it to view by everyone or friends on their Xbox account.
1. Power on your Xbox and press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide menu.
2. From the guide menu, navigate to the Friends section.
3. From there, go to the Find someone option at the bottom of the Friends section.
4. Enter the Gamertag of the person in the search bar and search for him/her.
5. From the results, go to the profile of the person you were looking for.
6. Then from there, go to the See full profile option to view their real name and other profile details.
Can People See My Real Name on Xbox One?
Yes, people can see your real name on your Xbox One, but only when you have set it visible to everyone or your friends. Xbox One allows users to display their real names along with their Gamertags. However, you can control the visibility of your names on your console.
By default, the real name is not visible to other users. You can choose to share it with your friends, everyone, or no one at all. If you ever need to know someone’s real name, you can follow the steps mentioned in the below heading on how to find someone’s real name on Xbox.
How to View Someone’s Gamertag With Their Name
To find out someone’s gamertag with their name, you can follow the below-mentioned methods:
Method 1: Using Xbox console
Note: Make sure you are signed in to your Xbox console.
1. Power on your Xbox and press the Xbox button on your controller.
2. Navigate to the Friends section and go to Find someone option at the bottom.
3. Enter the name of the person in the search bar and search for him/her.
4. From the results, go to the profile of the person you were looking for and you will find a Gamertag with the name on Xbox.
Method 2: Using Xbox App
Note: Make sure you are signed into the app.
2. Tap on the Search icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. In the search bar type in the name of the person and search for him/her.
4. From the search results, tap on the profile of the person whom you are looking for and you will find a Gamertag with name on the Xbox app.
Method 3: Using Microsoft Account
1. Navigate to Xbox Store Sign in and Sign in to your account.
2. Once you are signed in, click on the profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. From the drop-down menu, click on the Xbox Profile option.
4. Click on the search bar at the right of the profile and type in the person’s name.
5. From the search results, click on the Gamertag of the person whom you are looking for to view their profile.
Do Xbox Usernames Expire?
Yes, Xbox usernames do expire. As per the new policy of Microsoft, all Xbox accounts that remain inactive for 5 years or more will be deleted, and the username associated with them will be freed. All the freed usernames will be released for use by other users. Hence, Xbox usernames do expire, but not the active ones.
We hope this guide on how to find someone’s real name on Xbox has helped you discover the true identity of your gaming friend. For more cool tips and tricks, make sure to continue following us!