In this world of quick online communication and connection, Snapchat stands out as a popular way to socialize. Beyond its enjoyable filters and vanishing messages, an effective feature may have caught your eye: the ability to pinpoint someone’s exact location. If you are also curious about this functionality, let’s understand how to find and see someone’s location on Snapchat.
How to Find Someone’s Location on Snapchat
Snapchat enables you to easily view your friends’ locations and activities through its new feature, Snap Map. This feature lets you see the most recent locations where your friends are sharing their stories. Follow the steps below to locate someone on the Snapchat app.
Note: To view a specific friend’s location on Snap Map, they must have shared a story on their profile and disabled Ghost Mode.
1. Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Snapchat account.
2. Tap on the Location tab from the bottom navigation bar.
3. Now, tap on Friends from the bottom right corner to see where your friends are currently located.
4. Tap on the desired friend’s name to find and see their location on the Snapchat map.
How to Find Someone’s Location on Snapchat on Ghost Mode?
There is only one way to find someone’s location on Snapchat when the user has turned on Ghost Mode. What you can do is:
1. Open the Snapchat app and tap on the Stories tab from the bottom navigation bar.
2. Tap on the desired story shared by your friend.
3A. If your friend has tagged their location in the snap, tap on the location to get more details.
3B. If the location has not been tagged, you will not be able to pinpoint their location in the Ghost Mode.
Now that you’ve learned how to find someone’s location on Snapchat, are you eager to check your friend’s recent location? If so, hop on the app and follow the steps mentioned above to do that easily. Let us know your doubts or suggestions in the comments section below. Happy exploring!