Have you ever been in the middle of an important online class or meeting on Zoom when suddenly your session was automatically terminated? If yes, it might have happened due to the platform’s 40-minute time limit for free users. Missing out on important lessons or discussions in such a way is frustrating, isn’t it? Fortunately, there’s now a solution that can help you out. In this article, we’ll show you how to extend the Zoom meeting time by beating the 40-minute limit for free.
Table of Contents
How to Extend Zoom Meeting Time Limit for Free
Since Zoom has removed its 40-minute calls, meetings now have to be cut short and rescheduled before they hit their 40-minute timer, causing an inconvenience to everyone including hybrid offices, and schools. But there’s no need to stress about it! Let’s explore in-depth the workarounds for removing this feature and enjoying long meetings with ease!
Below are the quick steps you can take to extend the Zoom time limit.
1. Open the Zoom desktop app and click on Schedule.
2. Set meeting date and time.
3. Choose Other Calendars and click on Save.
4. Copy the meeting link and share it with participants.
5. Start the meeting and click on Leave Meeting when reaching the 40-minute mark.
6. All participants should exit after the host and rejoin by clicking the invite link to reset the timer.
Is Zoom’s 40-Minute Limit Removed?
No, Zoom’s 40-minute time limit isn’t permanently removed under all circumstances. Some exceptions under which this restriction has been lifted are special events like Christmas, Kwanzaa, and New Year’s so that people can spend time with their families.
Previously, Zoom allowed free users to host meetings lasting up to 24 hours, but this policy changed in July 2022. Now, all meetings conducted by free users, regardless of the number of participants, are subject to the same 40-minute time limit.
Also Read: Is There a Time Limit on Google Meet?
How Do I Change My Zoom Time Limit?
If you want to know how you can beat Zoom’s 40-minute limit, the first thing you can do is buy their subscription plan for Zoom Pro which lets you extend the time limit to 30 hours for up to 100 people. If you are not planning to get premium subscriptions, you can rejoin the meeting with the same link multiple times before it ends. Let’s see how to do so.
Note 1: Make sure you are the meeting host and following this process.
Note 2: This approach is only effective for extending the Zoom meeting time limit for scheduled meetings; not for sudden Zoom meetings.
1. Click on the Schedule option available in the Home tab of the Zoom app.
2. Set the desired date and time for the meeting to generally begin and end.
3. Select the Other Calendars radio button from the Calendar section and click on Save.
4. After saving the meeting, select Copy to Clipboard and send the meeting’s link to other participants.
5. Start your meeting by clicking on Start. A timer will start popping up once the meeting is about to reach 40 minutes.
6. Now, click on Leave Meeting from the meeting window to leave the ongoing meeting. It will help extend the Zoom meeting time limit.
7. After you, the host, is left, all other members should also leave the scheduled meeting.
8. Now, everyone should click on the invite link sent in the first place to join the meeting again. The Zoom timer will reset to 40-minutes again.
By doing so, you might deceive Zoom into believing that you are participating in several brief meetings rather than one lengthy one.
Also Read: How to Bypass LinkedIn Connection Limit
Now, you might know how to extend Zoom meeting time limit for free with the help of this tutorial. You can now enjoy uninterrupted meetings without any time restrictions using this technique. We hope this guide has answered all your questions. If you still have any queries or suggestions, please share them in the comments below. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section, and stay tuned for more insightful articles!