For a long time, Google Chrome has been known to be a simple yet powerful browser. Now, Google has introduced new visual changes with its Chrome UI Refresh 2023 that update your browser with a new look. In this, you will see the toolbar with larger buttons, menus with rounded corners, and many more new features. This guide will teach you how to enable and disable the new Chrome UI Refresh 2023 to activate visual changes in the latest web browser version. So, keep reading till the end!
How to Enable and Disable New Chrome UI Refresh 2023
Knowing the workarounds of the New Chrome UI refresh ensures you enjoy the latest visually enhanced browsing experience. Now you can tailor Chrome according to your personal preferences and enjoy!
What is Chrome Refresh 2023?
Chrome’s new design of the future is here with The Chrome Refresh 2023. There are different changes like rounded corners, new icons, and an address bar in large size. Users can download Chrome Canary and enable it from Google Labs to check it out.
This new design focuses more on fine margins along with the corners. The features are as follows:
- It has a better dark theme.
- The context menu is made longer by inserting more padding at the top and bottom of the options.
- The address and bookmark bars are thicker than usual.
- The new icons are bigger with enough space around them.
- Chrome main three-dot menu options consist of the new icons.
- Your profile settings option’s color is set according to your Chrome profile photo color.
Follow the steps mentioned below to Enable the New Chrome UI Refresh 2023:
1. Open Chrome.
2. Type Chrome://flags/#Chrome-refresh-2023 in the search bar and press Enter.
3. Click on Default to open options and click on Enabled next to Chrome Refresh 2023.
4. Now, type Chrome://flags/#Chrome-webui-refresh-2023 and press Enter to open the Chrome WebUI Refresh 2023 setting.
5. Click on Default and click on Enabled.
6. Type Chrome://flags/#customize-Chrome-side-panel and press Enter.
7. Click on Enabled for Customize Chrome Side Panel.
8. Type Chrome://flags/#omnibox-cr23-expanded-state-shape and press Enter. Omnibox Expanded State Height Setting will be opened.
Note: This step is optional for users.
9. Click on Default to open options for Omnibox Expanded State Shape setting and click on Enabled.
10. Now, click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
11. Click on Help.
12. Click on About Google Chrome.
13A. If your Chrome is already up-to-date, it will display Chrome is up to date.
13B. If any update is available, Chrome will automatically update to its latest version. Once done, click on Relaunch.
Your new Chrome UI updates will start showing up in your browser.
How to Disable New Chrome UI Refresh 2023
Follow these steps below to disable the New Chrome UI Refresh of 2023:
1. Open Chrome.
2. Search Chrome://flags
3. Search Refresh 2023 and choose Disabled for all options from Default as shown under the previous heading.
4. Click on Relaunch.
Your Chrome Refresh 2023 will be disabled.
Why is Chrome UI Refresh 2023 Not Working?
There can be different reasons why your Chrome UI Refresh 2023 is not working like:
- Due to the incompatibility of your PC, it can turn back to its old version automatically.
- Another reason might be an incomplete installation.
- There can be an incomplete update of Chrome UI Refresh.
In case your Chrome UI Refresh 2023 isn’t working, you can try these solutions:
- Update Chrome to its latest version
- Clear cache of your browser
- Reinstall your browser and restart your device
If the issue still persists, contact Chrome support for further help.
Google Chrome is known for its new features and changes from time to time enabling you to enjoy the latest trends. We hope you have learned how to enable and disable new Chrome UI Refresh 2023. Keep reading our blog for more such updates and leave your queries below.