Be it the iconic ghost logo, ghost-like disappearing snaps & messages, or its huge collection of filters, over recent years Snapchat has become a popular social media platform. You know you can now embed and share your Snapchat content on your website or blog, for it to reach a wider audience? Yes, recently they launched a new web embeds feature for Lenses, Spotlight videos, Public Stories, and Public Profiles. But, the question of the hour – how? Let’s find out!
How to Embed Snapchat Content
Reach is the key, especially for creators and online businesses. With the Snapchat embed feature, you now get the opportunity to enrich your blog or website by getting videos, stories, and other external content from the platform embedded in it. This further elevates your engagement on the platform.
Note 1: To perform the steps and embed Snapchat content, you’ll need a PC.
Note 2: Snapchat only supports three web browsers at the time namely Safari, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
We are using a Snapchat lens for demonstration. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Snapchat, navigate to the Lens that you want to embed and copy its link.
2. On a PC, launch any of the three web browsers mentioned above and paste the link into the address bar.
In case you are already using Snapchat on a PC, just right-click on the lens and select the Open link in new tab from the context menu.
3. Click on the embed icon in the share sheet as shown below.
4. Copy the embed code by clicking on Copy code.
5. Now paste the code into your website or blog.
Once you have embedded the Snapchat content, your website or blog visitors will be able to view it directly on your page. They will also be able to click on the content to learn more, try a Lens themselves, or find similar experiences.
Here are some examples of how you can use Snapchat embeds on your website or blog:
- Embed a Lens on your product page to allow visitors to try on your product virtually.
- Embed a Spotlight video on your blog post to add a visual element to your content.
- Embed a Public Story on your website to give visitors a behind-the-scenes look at your company or brand.
- Embed a Public Profile on your website to showcase your work or connect with potential clients.
Also Read: How to Download Snapchat Spotlight Videos
When Did Snapchat Add Content Embeds?
Snapchat made the announcement of this addition to its platform on 16 October 2023. It appeared on the Snapchat newsroom website with instructions on how to do it.
How to Enable Videos and Stories Embeds in Snapchat
The content embed feature in Snapchat has been added to the web version of the platform. This is available for all its users without any kind of setting being changed or enabled. All you have to do is copy the code as we have explained above and paste it at the desired location on your website or blog.
Recommended: How To Download Embedded Videos From Websites
The ability to embed Snapchat content is a great way to add engaging and interactive content to your website or blog. They can also help you to reach a wider audience and generate more traffic. We hope our guide was helpful for you to follow and do the same. If you have any queries or suggestions, do let us know in the comments section below.