Imagine you posted a mind-blowing video on your account. But, oops! You made a mistake with the caption and now you want to reverse it. We have all been there. In such cases, it becomes important to know how to edit the caption of private or public TikTok after posting. Today’s guide is tailor-made just for you. So, keep engaged till the end!
How to Edit TikTok Caption After Posting
Initially, the option to edit the TikTok caption is unavailable. But after the recent updates, you can edit the caption after posting a TikTok video. Captions can be a great reason for the videos going viral. They give the video a sense of content and creativity that attracts more audience. So, follow the steps below to see how:
1. Open TikTok on your device.
2. Tap on the three dots on your uploaded video.
3. Select Edit post.
4. Make changes and tap on Done.
Your video will now be uploaded with the updated caption.
How to Edit Caption and Change Caption Font on Private TikTok
You can edit a caption on a private TikTok after by following the steps mentioned in the above section. However, you can also edit it before posting by following the steps mentioned below:
1. After uploading or recording a video, tap on the text option on the right side and add a caption.
Note: You can also select the same to change font over videos.
2. Now, choose a font, color, and effects from the options at the bottom.
3. Tap on the Done button to save your changes.
4. Tap Next again and add a final caption to go on under the video.
How to Add and Edit Auto Captions on TikTok
Adding auto captions to your TikTok video can be of great ease as it can make your video more easing understandable and engaging with the audience. Follow the steps mentioned below to add and edit auto-captions on TikTok videos:
1. Open TikTok and record or upload your video.
2. Go to the editing page and tap on Captions to automatically generate and add captions to your video.
3. To edit a caption, tap on the pencil icon in the bottom right corner and fix any error you found.
4. Tap on Save.
Your captions will be added and edited as you wish.
Also Read: How to Fix 0 Views on TikTok
How to Edit Hashtags on TikTok
Follow the same steps mentioned at the beginning of the article to edit hashtags on TikTok.
How to Edit a TikTok Sound
Adding a sound to your TikTok video is not enough; it requires adjustments to be perfect. Follow the steps mentioned below to edit a TikTok Sound:
1. Select the audio for your TikTok video by tapping on Add Sound on the top.
2. Now, after selecting the audio, tap on the Sound on the top.
3. Tap on the scissors button at the bottom of the screen.
4. Adjust the sliders to select the part of the audio you want in your video and tap on Done.
Your sound will be added.
Also Read: How to Delete a Repost on TikTok
How to Edit a Draft on TikTok
Making your drafts ready to be uploaded is important. So, you can follow our guide on How to Edit and Save a Draft on TikTok to edit and publish or save at your convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can you edit a TikTok sound after posting?
Ans. No, you cannot edit a TikTok sound after posting. The only way to edit the TikTok sound is by deleting the video first and then reuploading it.
Q2. Can you edit or add hashtags on TikTok after posting?
Ans. Yes, with the new TikTok update, users can now edit their Hashtags on TikTok.
Now you can easily rectify your mistakes by editing your videos on TikTok. We hope this article helped you learn how to edit TikTok captions after posting. Keep reading our blogs for more information.