So did your friend upload a funny video or heartwarming photo on WhatsApp status that you want to save to the device?
Although the platform allows you to share special moments and view someone’s status, it doesn’t provide an option to download it on your device.
However, there are alternate ways you can download a WhatsApp status online, even without using any third-party app. Let’s look at them.
Is There a Way to Download WhatsApp Status Without Any App?
Users can post photos, videos, and even audio on their WhatsApp status. However, just like other platforms, these too automatically disappear after 24 hours.
WhatsApp doesn’t have a built-in feature for downloading these statuses. But, we will explore some workarounds to do the same.
How to Download WhatsApp Status Without App Online
Usually, third-party apps have privacy concerns. Moreover, why let it hog the space on your phone when you can still save WhatsApp statuses easily?
Method 1: Save from File Manager
Android devices’ file manager allows you to save WhatsApp status. It’s a little tricky but effective.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device. The steps were performed on the Samsung S20 FE 5G, as shown in the illustrations below.
1. Open WhatsApp and view the status that you want to download.
Doing so creates its temporary file in the WhatsApp directory on the device and it gets deleted automatically when the status expires.
2. Open My Files, tap on the three dots icon at the top right corner, and turn the toggle on for Show hidden system files.
3. Go back to the folders, and open the Android folder.
4. Open media, then com.whatsapp, and then the WhatsApp folder.
5. Now open the Media folder followed by the .Statuses folder.
6. Select the status you want to download and then you can either Move or Copy it to another location or even save it to your cloud storage.
In this way, the status will be saved even when it is expired on WhatsApp.
Method 2: Screenshot Status
If it is an image on the status that you want to download, it’s just simple. You can screenshot the picture and it will be saved on the device.
Method 3: Use Screen Recorder
You can’t screenshot videos. rather, you can screen record them using either the built-in screen recorder on your phone or third-party screen recorder apps.
How to Download WhatsApp Status on PC
Just like the smartphone app, even on a PC, there is no direct way to download WhatsApp status. However, we have a trick that you can use on WhatsApp web. and that is to use a third-party extension.
Note: The information provided below is only for informational purposes. We do not endorse such third-party tools for subsequent usage.
1. Visit the WA Web Plus by Elbruz Technologies extension web page and add it to the browser.
2. Once the extension is successfully downloaded, open WhatsApp Web on your PC.
3. Click on the extension icon next to the address bar, and then on the WA Web Plus extension.
4. Click on the Enable status download button option.
5. Now, open the desired status and click on the Download icon from the top right corner.
We hope the given methods help you download WhatsApp status without using any app.
If you have any queries or suggestions for us, feel free to drop them in the comments section below and stay tuned to TechCult for more such tips and tricks.