Are you struggling to download or update the Razer DeathAdder driver on your Windows 10 computer? In gaming, a high-performance mouse plays an important role. So it’s important to have the latest driver for your mouse. In this guide, we will take you through easy steps on how to download the Razer DeathAdder driver on Windows 10. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
How To Download Razer DeathAdder Driver On Windows 10 With Easy Steps
With advanced yet easy-to-use features and a sleek design, it is an essential hardware component for gamers. Customizable settings including DPI sensitivity, RGB lighting, and polling rate tune the mouse for the ultimate gaming experience. Let’s download the driver.
1. Go to the official Razer website.
2. Find the latest driver for the Windows operating system running on your PC and in your preferred language in the list.
3. Click on the Download button to download the Razer DeathAdder driver.
Once the download is complete, we will install it.
4. Open the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the Razer DeathAdder driver.
6. After the installation is complete, restart the PC to ensure that the driver is properly installed and functioning.
7. Once the PC has restarted, plug in the Razer DeathAdder mouse and wait for it to be detected by your computer.
How To Update Razer DeathAdder Driver On Windows 10
You may need to update the mouse driver in the future. Here are some methods you can follow to update the Razer DeathAdder driver on Windows 10.
Method 1: Update Razer DeathAdder Driver Via Windows Update
Updating the driver using Windows Update is the easiest and most convenient way. Here are some steps to do so:
1. Click on the Start menu and type Check for updates.
2. Click on Check for updates or Resume updates in the Windows Update tab.
3. If an update for the Razer DeathAdder driver is available, it will be displayed in the list. Click on Download and Install.
4. Once the update is complete, restart the PC.
Note: Windows Update may not always provide the latest version of the Razer DeathAdder driver. It is recommended to check the Razer website or use the Razer Synapse software to ensure that you have the latest version of the driver installed.
Method 2: Update Razer DeathAdder Driver Via Device Manager
You can also update the mouse driver using Device Manager in Windows 10.
1. Connect the Razer DeathAdder mouse to your computer via USB.
2. Press the Windows logo key + X key on your keyboard to open the Power User Menu.
3. Click on Device Manager from the list of options.
4. Locate the Mice and other pointing devices category and expand it by clicking on the arrow to the left of it.
5. Right-click on the Razer DeathAdder driver option and select Update driver from the context menu.
6. Select Search automatically for drivers.
7. Wait for Windows to search for and install the latest driver for your Razer DeathAdder mouse. Once the driver update process is complete, restart the PC to apply the changes.
Also Read: What Parts Are Needed to Build a Gaming PC?
Method 3: Update Via Bit Driver Updater
You also have the option to update your mouse driver using a third-party application. You can use Bit Driver Updater for this. Here are some steps you can follow:
Note: The information provided below is only for informational purposes. We do not endorse such third-party tools for subsequent usage.
1. Download and install Bit Driver Updater from the official website.
2. Launch the app and click on the Scan button to scan the system for outdated drivers.
3. Wait for the scan to complete, and then find the Razer DeathAdder driver in the list of outdated drivers.
4. Click on the Update Now button next to the Razer DeathAdder driver to begin the installation process.
5. Once the driver installation is complete, restart the PC.
Also Read: 22 Best MMO Wireless Gaming Mouse
Common Issues With Downloading Or Updating Razer DeathAdder Driver
You may encounter some issues while downloading or updating your Razer DeathAdder Driver. But don’t worry there are some solutions to resolve your issue.
Method 1: Connect Razer DeathAdder Mouse to Another PC
If you are still experiencing issues with the mouse driver even after updating, one solution to try is to connect the mouse to another PC. This will help you determine whether the issue is with the mouse or with the PC.
1. Unplug the mouse from the PC and connect it to another PC.
2. Check whether it is working properly now.
If it still doesn’t work, it may be a problem with the mouse itself. However, if it works, then the issue may be with the previous PC’s hardware or software. You can resolve that using the following methods.
Method 2: Uninstall And Reinstall Your Razer DeathAdder Driver
Sometimes there can be an issue with the installation process of the driver as well that could cause malfunctioning or unresponsiveness of the hardware component. This can be fixed by reinstalling the driver. You can follow our guide on How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
Method 3: Test USB Ports And Try Changing Their Settings
The issue may be related to your computer’s settings or USB ports. These are the steps you can follow to resolve it:
1. Plug the mouse into a different USB port on your computer. This will help you determine whether the issue is with the USB port or the mouse itself. If you are still facing issues, follow the next steps.
Note: These steps disable power management for all USB ports on your system.
2. Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
3. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers by clicking on the arrow to the left of it.
4. Right-click on each USB Root Hub and select Properties.
5. Click on the Power Management tab.
6. Uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
Repeat the steps for each USB Root Hub in the list one after another and test the mouse. Do not forget to enable the power once the issue is detected. If there is an issue with any USB port, follow our guide on USB Ports Not Working in Windows 10 [SOLVED]
Also Read: 15 Best DisplayPort Cables for Gaming
Method 4: Try Changing Razer Synapse Settings
If you have Razer Synapse software installed on your computer and are experiencing random mouse issues like lagging or crashing, you may be able to resolve them by adjusting the software settings.
1. Open the Razer Synapse software and go to the Performance option.
2. Set the polling rate to 500 if necessary.
3. Choose the Calibration option and click on Surface Calibration if it’s not already enabled.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the calibration process, which will help your mouse function better.
5. If you don’t have a Razer mouse pad, choose the Others option and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your mouse pad.
That’s it. The issue should be resolved.
We hope this guide helped you learn how to download the Razer DeathAdder driver on Windows 10. Let us know which method was the easiest and most effective for you to download or update the driver. If you’re still facing any issues, please feel free to share them in the comments section.