Spotify’s extensive music library is a treasure trove for music lovers. However, there are moments when you want to enjoy your favorite tunes without worrying about an active internet connection. This guide will reveal how to download music from Spotify to your PC to enjoy your songs and playlists anytime, anywhere via computer.
Table of Contents
How to Download Music from Spotify to Computer
Unfortunately, you can’t download music from Spotify directly to your computer officially. However, you can download and make songs offline on your Spotify PC app with a Premium subscription or use third-party tools or services to save them permanently.
Various software and online Spotify songs converter tools offer the capability to convert and download Spotify songs as local files in formats like MP3. So, while Spotify itself primarily supports offline downloads for premium users, these external tools enable users to achieve similar functionality without a subscription.
To download music from Spotify to your computer:
1. Open the Spotify app and play the desired song you want to download.
2. Right-click the desired song and select Share.
3. Choose Copy Song Link and go to the SpotifyDown website.
4. Paste the copied link and click on Download for the MP3 link.
5. Click on Download to save the music to your computer.
Let’s see the step-by-step explanation of both methods in the upcoming section.
Method 1: Using Spotify Premium Subscription
Let’s start with the official method, which necessitates a Spotify Premium account. You can change your Spotify plan from free to premium and then follow these steps to download songs for offline listening on the app.
Note: Spotify doesn’t allow you to download individual songs; you must create a playlist to download the song(s).
1. Open the Spotify app on your PC and Log in to your Premium account.
2. Click on the + icon > Create a new playlist option from the left pane.
3. Name the playlist and click on Save.
4. Add the desired songs by searching them via the search bar.
5. After adding the songs, click on the three-dotted icon from the top and select Download to instantly make the playlist offline.
Note: Spotify songs are stored as cache files, and you can’t listen to them with other music players. Additionally, if you cancel your Spotify subscription, your downloaded music will be deleted.
Also Read: Best Equalizer Settings for Spotify
Method 2: Using Third-Party Downloader
If you want to permanently store your downloaded Spotify music on your PC and listen to it with other music players like the popular VLC, you can follow the next method to download Spotify songs to your PC. Here’s how to proceed:
1. Open the Spotify app and find the desired song you want to download,
2. Right-click on the desired song and select Share > Copy Song Link.
3. Navigate to the SpotifyDown website to access the Spotify Music Downloader tool.
4. Paste the copied link into the provided bar and click on the Download option.
Note: The tool will process the link and provide you with a download link for the MP3 version of the song or playlist.
5. Click on the Download option.
That’s it! Now your Spotify music will be downloaded to the local storage of your PC. You can access it in the Downloads folder and play it whenever you want using any music player.
This tutorial has explained how to download music from Spotify to a computer with the help of two different methods. So, you can now start building your offline playlist and enjoy the beats! Let us know your thoughts in the comments section, and stay tuned for more insightful articles.