Disable Thumbnail Previews in Windows 10: Thumbnails are reduced-size versions of pictures, used to help in recognizing and organizing them, serving the same role for images as a normal text index does for words. In the age of digital images, visual search engines and image-organizing programs normally use thumbnails, as do most modern operating systems or desktop environments, such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, etc.
But sometimes these thumbnails cause problems that might get very irritating so in this guide we are going to discuss how to disable thumbnail previews permanently in windows 10 / 8.1 / 7.
How to Disable Thumbnail Previews in Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7
1. Go to My Computer or This PC and then click on view.
2. Inside the view menu, click on options, and then select “Change folder and search options.”
3. Inside folder options again click on the view tab.
4. Tick mark the option “Always show icons, never thumbnails.”
5. That’s it you have successfully disabled thumbnails and now you will see something like this:
You may also like:
- How To Fix File System Errors with Check Disk Utility(CHKDSK)
- How to turn Off DEP (Data Execution Prevention)
- How to fix COM Surrogate has stopped working
- How to create system restore point – the easy way
Disabling thumbnails helps in improving the performance of the system and if there’s a lot of thumbnails in a folder, it takes time to load each one. Disabling thumbnails on an older/slow computer is a good idea as it helps you navigate through OS more quickly. That’s it, you have successfully learned how to disable thumbnail previews in Windows 10.