Google Assistant is one of the best AI-powered digital assistants that most users prefer worldwide. Finding information or sending messages, setting the alarm, or playing music without touching your phone is fascinating for the users. Moreover, you can even make phone calls with the help of Google Assistant. All you have to speak is the ‘OK Google‘ or ‘Hey Google‘ command for the assistant to do your tasks effortlessly.
However, Google Assistant may be accurate and quick to commands, but there are times it can get frustrating when it lights up your sleeping phone when you are casually talking or addressing another AI-powered device in your home. Therefore, we are here with a guide that you can follow to disable Google Assistant on the lock screen.
How To Disable Google Assistant On Lock Screen
Reason to Turn Off Google Assistant on Lock Screen
Google Assistant has a feature called ‘Voice Match‘ that allows users to trigger the assistant when the phone is locked. Since Google Assistant can identify your voice whenever you say ‘OK Google‘ or ‘Hey Google.’ It can get frustrating if you have multiple AI-powered devices and your phone lights up even when you are addressing a different device.
We are listing the methods for removing voice match from Google Assistant, or you can also remove your voice model temporarily.
Method 1: Remove Access to Voice Match
If you want to turn on or off Google Assistant on the lock screen, then you can easily remove the access for voice search. This way, your phone screen will not light up when you are addressing any other AI-powered device.
1. Open Google Assistant on your device by giving the ‘Hey Google‘ or ‘OK Google‘ commands. You can also press and hold the home button to open Google Assistant.
2. After launching Google Assistant, tap on the box icon at the bottom left of the screen.
3. Tap on your Profile icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Now, tap on Voice match.
5. Finally, turn off the toggle for ‘Hey Google‘.
That’s it after you disable the voice match feature, Google Assistant will not pop up even when you say the ‘Hey Google‘ or ‘OK Google‘ commands. Further, you can follow the next method for removing the voice model.
Method 2: Remove Voice Model from Google Assistant
You can easily remove your voice model from Google Assistant to turn it off from the lock screen.
1. Open Google Assistant by speaking the ‘Hey Google‘ or ‘OK Google’ commands.
2. Tap on the box icon from the bottom left of the screen.
3. Tap on your Profile icon from the top right corner of the screen.
4. Go to Voice match.
5. Now, tap on Voice model.
6. Finally, tap on the cross next to ‘Delete voice model‘ to remove it.
After you delete the voice model from Google Assistant, it will disable the feature and will not identify your voice whenever you say the Google commands.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. Any way to disable Google Assistant on Lock Screen?
You can easily disable Google Assistant by removing the voice match feature from Google Assistant settings and by deleting your voice model from the app. This way, Google assistant will not identify your voice whenever you say the commands.
Q2. How do I remove Google Assistant from the lock screen?
If you want to remove Google Assistant from your lock screen, you can easily follow the methods mentioned in this guide.
Q3. How do I turn off Google Assistant on the lock screen while charging?
If you want to turn off Google Assistant on the lock screen while your phone is charging, then you can easily turn off the ambient mode. The ambient mode is a feature that allows you to access the Google Assistant even when your phone is charging. You can follow these steps to disable the ambient mode:
- Open Google Assistant on your device by giving the ‘Hey Google‘ or ‘OK Google‘ commands. You may even open the app through the app drawer on your device.
- After launching the app, tap on the box icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Now tap on your Profile icon to access the Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Ambient mode.’
- Finally, turn off the toggle for ambient mode.
- How to Play Video in Loop on Android or iOS
- Fix Google Assistant keeps popping up Randomly
- 5 Ways To Transfer Music From iTunes To Android
- Fix Unresponsive Touch Screen On Android Phone
We understand that it can be frustrating when you are trying to address any other AI-powered digital device, but your phone lights up whenever you say the Google commands. We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to disable Google Assistant on the lock screen. Let us know which method worked for you in the comments.