All apps keep data on posts or videos we watch to create a profile of our interests and preferences, which helps the platform suggest similar content for us. However, if you don’t want Facebook to monitor your activity, deleting it might give you a sense of privacy. In this article, we will discuss how to find and delete watched video history on Facebook to prevent others from accessing your account.
How to Delete Watched Video History on Facebook Mobile App
With countless Facebook videos, your watch history can get cluttered. Also, the platform stores all your activities, like the videos you watch, to improve your experience. By deleting your watch history, you can have more control over your viewing experience. To learn how, keep reading the guide.
Follow these simple steps to delete watched videos history on Facebook mobile app permanently:
1. Open the Facebook app on your smartphone to access your account.
2. Tap on the Menu icon at the top-right corner.
3. Scroll down a little and tap on the Settings & privacy option.
4. From here, tap on the Settings option below.
5. Scroll down the Settings and privacy section and open Your activity.
6. Now, tap on Activity log.
7. Again, scroll down a bit and tap on the down arrow next to the Logged actions and other activity options.
8. From the list of options, tap on the Videos you’ve watched.
Here, you can view a list of all the videos you’ve watched here.
9. Select any video to delete and tap on the three-dot icon next to the selected video.
10. To delete the watched video, tap on Delete.
That’s it! Now the video will disappear from your watched history.
Also Read: How to Delete Chegg History
How to Find Facebook Watch History
Facebook watch history is a list of videos that you have watched on Facebook. You can easily locate your watch history with the help of the Activity log. We have mentioned steps to find the Facebook watch history in our previous heading.
1. Follow steps 1- 8 from how to delete watched video history on the Facebook mobile app.
2. Then, tap on the Your search history option to delete your Facebook history.
How to Delete Watched Video History on Facebook at Once
Facebook collects data on the videos you watch to give you more personalized content that aligns with your interests and links. But if you prefer not to have your activity monitored by Facebook, you have the option to delete them at once.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Follow steps 1-8 from the above-given heading, how to delete watched video history on the Facebook mobile app.
2. Once you are on your Watch history page, tap on the Clear video watch history option.
3. Lastly, a confirmation prompt will appear on your screen, tap on CLEAR to confirm.
That’s it, now you are done! If your watch history is long, it will take some time to delete it all at once.
Also Read: How to Delete Hulu Watch History
Why Should You Delete Your Watch History on Facebook?
Deleting your watch history helps you find videos more quickly and easily. However, there are various reasons why you should delete your Facebook watch history, including:
- To avoid getting similar suggestions or recommendations based on your past viewing patterns.
- Deleting your watch history helps you stay on the safe side.
- To clear the clutter of old and unwanted videos.
- To stay fearless if someone hacks your account.
- If you are concerned about your privacy, deleting your watch history ensures your privacy is protected.
By following the step-by-step guide on how to delete Facebook watch history, you can easily clear your entire watchlist and avoid getting similar suggestions on your Facebook watch. If you have any suggestions on what topic we should cover next, feel free to drop them in the comment section given below.