The era of fast messaging and dynamic conversations could often result in a long list of contacts, old acquaintances, random numbers, and forgotten connections. We understand the tiredness to scroll through a sea of unfamiliar names on Telegram. This article will show you how to delete contacts on Telegram on an iPhone. Read more to find out!
How to Remove Contacts from Telegram on iPhone
As we meet through multiple people on and off social media platforms, lots of numbers get saved over time, increasing the number of contacts. Let’s remove the ones who might have overstayed their welcome, lost their charm or are you no longer wish to communicate with. Follow the undermentioned steps:
1. Open Telegram and navigate to the Contacts tab.
2. Select the contact you want to remove from the list.
3. Tap on their display photo or name to open their profile.
4. Tap on the Edit option in the top-right corner of the screen.
5. Within the edit menu, you should see a Delete Contact option. Tap on it.
6. A confirmation prompt will appear, asking if you want to delete the contact. Hit the Delete or Confirm option.
Note: Once you delete a contact on Telegram, they will be removed from the app’s contacts list. So, you will no longer see their name or be able to interact with them through it. However, do note that deleting someone on Telegram does not remove them from your phone’s address book or contacts list.
How to Delete Multiple Contacts in Telegram iPhone
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to delete multiple contacts at once on the Telegram app. However, if you want to delete all of them from the Telegram app at once, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Telegram and navigate to the Settings tab.
2. Tap on Privacy and Security.
3. Scroll down and choose Data Settings.
4. Look for the option Delete Synced Contacts and tap on it.
Recommended: How To Delete Telegram Documents And Data On iPhone
We hope our guide was helpful for you to delete contacts on Telegram on your iPhone. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments box below.