Canva offers extensive editing options for novice and professional graphic designers. In addition to a multitude of effects, there is also a drip that adds a stand-out effect to texts added to a file. However, not many users know of this. Thus, we will guide you to create a drip effect for all elements in Canva.
Table of Contents
How to Create a Drip Effect in Canva?
With the drip effect, you can enhance your banners, promotional brochures, and other marketing-oriented designs. Further in this article, we will explain to you in detail about adding drip effect to the elements in your project.
1. Choose a template and add an element first.
2. Search for drip effect and add it.
3. Download and then import it to a new file.
4. Change the background colour first and then remove the background.
5. Now upload the element with drip effect again on the file and customize it.
What is a Drip Effect in Canva?
A drip effect in Canva is a great way to make your images and text stand out. It is relatively simple to create. You can access this effect from the Elements tab in Canva where you can simply search for Drip and add the desired dripping element to your image or text.
Effects on Canva enhance the looks of a project. You can follow the step-by-step instructions given below to create the same for an element.
1. To start with, launch Canva on the PC, and on the home page click on the Create a design button at the top-right corner.
2. Now, select the desired project template from the menu. In our case, we choose Instagram Story.
3. Next, click on Elements on the left sidebar and search Organic Abstract Shape in the search bar.
4. Now, select any shape from the Graphics and change its color if required.
5. You can use the color palette. We are choosing #643707 which is the code for a brown shade.
6. Once done, click on Elements and search Drip in the search bar.
7. Now, select a Drip effect from the Graphics options.
8. Then, change its color according to your preference.
9. Now, click on Share at the top and select Download from the menu. You can use PNG or JPG format for downloading the image.
10. Then, click on File at the top-right corner and select Import files.
11. Click on Choose files and upload the image downloaded earlier.
12. Now, change the background color of the image according to your preference.
13. Next, click on Background Remover to remove the drip effect’s color (white in our case) while retaining the abstract.
Note: This option only works for Pro accounts. If you do not have a Pro membership, you can remove the background using a third-party tool.
14. Once the background has been removed, upload it to the main background again.
15. Now, make the abstract smaller by dragging the borders without damaging the dripping effect.
16. You can also customize the brightness, contrast, and saturation.
17. Once done, click on Downloads from the Share option again and check the box for Transparent background.
18. Now, you can add the dripping effect to any desired image and finally download it.
Also Read: How to Create a Shadow Effect in Canva
Can you Make a Text Drip in Canva?
Yes, you can add the drip effect to a text in Canva as well. We can do this with the help of the Text tool on the platform. Let’s go through the steps below.
How to Create Text Drip Effect in Canva?
Not just elements but you can also add the drip effect to texts. Follow the steps below:
1. First, launch Canva on the PC.
2. Now, click on Create a design button at the top-right corner of the home page.
3. Next, select a project of your choice from the list of options.
4. Then, select the background color by clicking on the color palette box.
5. Now, click on Text from the left pane.
6. In the search bar, type and search Drip and select the font option available.
7. Add the text as required and customize the size and color.
Note: You cannot change the font style in this case.
8. After the file is ready, click on the Share button at the top-right corner.
10. Then, click on the Download tab in it.
11. Select the File type and click on Download.
Also Read: How to Rotate Text in Canva
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I add effects on Canva?
Ans. To add effects on Canva, add an image or video of your choice and then click the Effects tab in the editor. From there, you can add the desired effect by clicking on the Add button next to the desired effect.
Q2. How can I use Canva effectively?
Ans. You can use Canva effectively, for creating a website logo or business logo, poster, brochure, invitation card, visitors card, and a lot more.
Q3. Can teachers use Canva?
Ans. Yes, teachers can use Canva to create files for lesson planning, grading, and other administrative duties.
- How to Disable Google Lens Search from Google Chrome
- How to Get Canva Pro Free for Student
- Top 21 Best Alternatives to Adobe InDesign
- Photoshop vs Canva: Which is the Best Design Tool?
Canva is a multi-purpose tool with lots of customizations that when used to its absolute potential can do wonders. The library includes many of these including the drip effect which we learned how to create in Canva for text or other elements as well. We hope that by following this guide, you will create some amazing projects. Do not forget to share your creative output with us. Also, leave your thoughts in the comments box below. Thank you for reading.