Microsoft Excel is one of the most used spreadsheet software programs that allows you to manage your data and makes things easy for you with the help of formulas. However, when you want to copy and paste the values you earlier calculated with formulas. But, when you copy these values, you copy the formulas as well. It cannot be very pleasant when you want to copy-paste the values, but you also paste the formulas along with the values. Fortunately, we have a guide on copying and pasting values without formulas in Excel that you can follow to copy and paste the values without formulas.
Table of Contents
How to Paste Values Without Formulas in Excel
Method 1: Use the copy-paste method
You can easily copy and paste the values without formulas in Excel using the copy and paste options from your clipboard section.
1. Open the Microsoft Excel sheet.
2. Now, select the values you wish to copy and paste to another cell or sheet.
3. After selecting the cell, click on the home tab from your clipboard section at the top and select copy. In our case, we are copying the value that we have calculated with the SUM formula. Check the screenshot for reference.
4. Now, go to the cell where you wish to paste the value.
5. From your clipboard section, click on the drop-down menu below paste.
6. Finally, you can click on values (V) under paste values to paste the value in the cell without any formula.
Also Read: How to Swap Columns or Rows in Excel
Method 2: Use Kutools add-in
If you don’t know how to automatically copy excel values, not formulas, you can use the Kutools extension for Excel. Kutools for Excel can come in handy when you want to copy the actual values without the formulas.
1. Download Kutools add-in for your excel.
2. After successfully installing the add-in, open your excel sheet and select the values you wish to copy.
3. Make a right-click and copy the value.
4. Go to the cell to paste the value and make a right-click to paste the value.
5. Now, remove the formula from the value. Click on the Kutools tab from the top and select To Actual.
Finally, the actual function will remove the formulas from the values that you are pasting.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you copy numbers without formulas?
You can easily copy numbers without formulas. However, you have to use the paste values function to copy and paste the numbers without formulas. To copy the numbers without formulas, copy the numbers that you wish to copy and click on the drop-down menu under the paste button in your excel clipboard section at the top. From the drop-down menu, you have to click on values under paste values.
How do I remove formula and paste values in Excel?
To remove the formula and only paste the values in Excel, copy the values and go to your clipboard section. Under home>click on the drop-down menu under the paste button. Now, select values under the paste value to paste the value without the formula.
How do I force Excel to paste values only?
You can use an Excel add-in called Kutools for Excel, which allows you to copy and paste the actual values without the formulas. You can easily follow our detailed guide to use the Kutools add-in.
- How To Lock Or Unlock Cells In Excel?
- Fix Windows 10 Start Button Not Working
- How to Remove Password from Excel File
- Fix Chromecast Source Not Supported Issue on Your Device
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to copy and paste values without formulas in Excel. Still, if you have any doubts, then feel free to ask them in the comment section.