Phones and tablets are made to be easy to carry around. Because of that, they often end up in our hands, bags, tables, and other places where they can get dirty. But the dust and dirt that collects in the charging port can stop the device from charging properly. If you want to know how to clean the charging port on an Android device, you’re in the right place. Just keep reading this guide for more information!
How to Clean Charging Port on Android
Dust can make our gadgets, like smartphones, really dirty. Even though it doesn’t cause immediate problems, over time it can make your phone stop working. That’s why it’s important to clean your device, especially the charging port. To learn how to do it, just keep reading this guide.
Before we tell you how to clean the charging port on your Android phone, let us discuss in brief why it gets damaged:
- Dust and debris: Dust and debris can accumulate in the port of your handset. As a result, your device does not get charged even when the switch is on, and the cable is inserted correctly.
- Water: Water can corrode your device charging port and harm it if it gets wet.
- Loose Connection: When you do not insert the charger properly, it can damage the port in the long run.
- Using an Incompatible charger: If you use an incompatible or unofficial charger, it can damage your handset.
- Wear and tear: With time, your device charging port can get damaged.
We have provided the steps that will teach you the process of cleaning ports on Samsung Galaxy. So, please keep reading to learn about it:
1. First, Power off your phone.
2. Now, use a can of compressed air to clean the charging port by applying a few short blasts of air.
Note: Ensure you do not put the can too close to the port
3. After that, gently insert the cotton-lined toothpick to clean the inner wall of the port.
Note: Ensure that the cotton is not wet. Moreover, do not insert the toothpick directly. When a toothpick is inserted directly, it can get broken inside the port, which can cause more harm.
4. Rotate the phone in such a manner that the charging port faces the floor. It will allow dust to fall to the ground.
5. Use compressed air again to clean the dust inside it.
Once done, restart your phone to use it.
We hope our article on how to clean the charging port on your Android phone could help you out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.