There are a lot of things that you can do on an iPhone. Since smartphones tend to have multiple functionalities, it can be hard to keep track of things. However, there are different methods through which you can track different iPhone activity. Today, we are going to explain how to check iPhone activity log and various methods that you can check out in order to keep track of multiple apps and activities not only on your phone but also iPad. Let’s dive right in!
How to Check iPhone Activity Log
It is important to know that you can only check your activity on your iPhone. You can check phone, call records, messages, records, photos, search history, and more. All the tracking can be done from your iPhone itself. You can check out the methods mentioned in the article further to check different logs of the activity on your iPhone.
How to View Recently Used Apps on iPhone
You might have noticed that at times you open multiple apps for multiple purposes and then forget to close them. If you want to know which apps you have used recently, you simply can use the swipe method as explained below.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The following methods were tried on iOS 17.0.3.
1. Swipe up the screen until the screen minimizes and you can see different screens at the same time.
2. You can now go back and forth to know all the apps that you have opened.
3. You can also use the assistive touch and tap on the home button twice to see all the open apps.
Also Read: How to Make a Video Clearer on iPhone
How to Check Data Logs on My iPhone
In case you have a data plan active on your phone and you want to understand how you’re spending that data you can simply check the data logs or Screen Time. To check the data logs on the iPhone simply follow the methods that are explained below
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Click on the screen time option.
3. You can now see the average time that you spend using your phone. For more details and in-depth information, you can tap on See All Apps And Website Activity.
How to See Deleted Activity on iPhone
You cannot check everything that you have deleted on an iPhone except photos. However, in case you have recently deleted photos within 30 days you can check it and try it in case you need it. To check the recently deleted photos on your iPhone. You can follow the steps that we have mentioned below.
1. Open the Photos app.
2. Scroll down until you see the option for recently deleted. Click on that.
3. Now you can see all the recent photos that you have deleted
Also Read: How to Link a Device in WhatsApp on iPhone
How to Check Call History and Recent Messages on iPhone
Checking the call history or recent messages on the iPhone is also super simple. Follow the steps below to find out how you can do it.
1. Open the calls app to check recent call history. You are directly directed to All where you can see all the incoming, outgoing, and missed calls.
2. Open the Messages app.
3. Now click on the filters option that is available on the top left-hand side of the screen.
4. You can now select as per your preference what information regarding your messages you wish to see.
How to Track the Activity on an iPhone
There are various activities that you can keep track of on your iPhone. In the furthest section, we have seven methods to keep track of seven different activities.
Method 1: Use AppStore to Check Recent Purchase History
With this method, you can check the apps and games that you have purchased on your iPhone for all the steps below to check for more details
1. Go to the App Store on your phone.
2. On the right-hand, top corner, click on your account.
3. Click on Purchased to see all the applications and gains that you purchased.
Method 2: Check Files App
To check the recent file and media downloads, you can use the files app. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Files app on your iPhone.
2. Click on browse to check files on your iPhone as well as on iCloud.
Method 3: Use Location Services
Tracking location details is also easy on an iPhone. To check location activity, you can use the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open the Maps app on your iPhone.
2. At the bottom of the screen, there is an option to search. Click on search maps.
3. Now you will be able to see the recently searched location on the screen. To check more locations you can click on more.
Method 4: Check Battery Usage
Battery usage is essential to know when you want to know which apps or activities use your battery the most. Below are a few quick steps that you can check:
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Now, go to the battery option.
3. Under the battery, you will be able to see the charging as well as usage cycles and battery colors.
Method 5: Use Fitness App
Tracking your fitness is now possible with an iPhone. You can not only check the daily step count but also the distance you have covered and so much more.
1. Open the Fitness app on your iPhone.
2. You will get a rundown of your fitness. You can also click on the tracker to check the daily progress of your fitness goals.
Method 6: Use Safari History
Your browsing activity is also easily trackable on an iPhone. It can be done right from the Safari App.
1. Open the Safari App on the iPhone.
2. Next at the bottom of the screen, you can select the bookmarks icon. It will further open three more options.
3. Click on the clock icon to check the recent websites that you have opened.
How to See Someone’s Activity on iPhone
You can also see someone’s activity on your iPhone through the Fitness app. Here’s how:
1. Launch the iPhone’s Fitness app.
2. Toggle to the Sharing tab. Tap Get Started if prompted.
3. Enter your friend’s contact information after tapping the Account icon, followed by the Add button. or pick friends from the suggested contacts list. 40 buddies can be added.
4. Tap Send once you’ve selected your buddies. Watch for the invitation to be accepted by your friends.
Additionally, you may send an invitation to a friend straight from your Apple Watch by opening the Activity app, swiping to the Sharing screen, scrolling down, and selecting Invite a Friend to see someone’s activity on iPhone.
What Kind of Activity Can Be Tracked on iPhone?
From recently deleted photos to your battery usage, from the recent places that you have visited to how many steps you walk in a day, you can track any kind of activity that you use your iPhone for.
How to Check an iPhone Activity Log on an iPad
There are limitations when it comes to keeping track of iPhone activity logs on an iPad. The first thing to be able to check the activity log on the iPad is to have Apple ID logged in your iPad.
The things that you can check on the iPad are as follows:
- Safari History
- Purchase history on Apple ID
- Apple subscriptions
- Photos on iCloud
- Messages if you have synced messages app.
- Social Media Apps
To conclude, tracking any kind of activity is easy on an iPhone. Keeping track can help in numerous ways. It is always good to maintain a good track record to manage your screen time and other crucial day-to-day activities related to your phone. We hope this article helped you know how to check iPhone activity log! Do try and let us know which method works best for you.