In the 21st century, texting people has never been easier. Apps like WhatsApp have played a crucial role in making this sort of communication possible. While contacting people has become simpler, getting them to reach back to you remains as difficult as ever. With the amount of communication happening on the platform, it is common for people to miss out on your messages while scrolling through a hundred others.
It is in situations like these that knowing a person’s activity on the app becomes more crucial than ever. Getting in touch with someone becomes far easier when the person is online and ready to reply. Here’s a guide on how to check if someone is online on WhatsApp without going online.
How to Check if someone is Online on Whatsapp without going Online
Method 1: Use the WaStat Application
WhatsApp itself does not give users the option of knowing if someone’s online, without actually going online. To achieve this, third-party applications must be used. One of the better applications for this purpose is WaStat.
1. Head on to the Google Play Store and install the WaStat application.
2. Open the app and grant the required permissions by tapping on CONTINUE.
4. Once the app is open, tap on the ‘Add Contact icon‘ on the top right corner.
5. Following that, a dialogue box will appear asking you to enter the information of the person, whose activity status you wish to know. Either enter these details manually or select a person from your contacts list by tapping on SELECT FROM CONTACT.
6. Once you have added a person, tap on the bell icon on the right to check if someone is online on WhatsApp without them knowing.
7. Tap on the user’s name and collect data regarding their activity in detail.
We hope that the above-mentioned method helped you to check if someone is online on Whatsapp without going online.
Method 2: Find out WhatsApp Status without opening Chat
There is a way to find out a person’s activity status on WhatsApp without opening the chat window. This method is useful for people who have not disabled the blue tick option within their chat but want to see if the person is online or not.
1. Open the WhatsApp application and tap on the person’s display picture, whose activity status, you want to check.
2. On the window that opens up, tap on the info button (i) on the extreme right end.
3. This will open the person’s profile where the activity status is reflected.
- 3 Ways To Disable Whatsapp Calling
- How to Hide Your IP Address on Android
- How to Get Rid of Best Friends on Snapchat
- Fix Snapchat Messages Won’t Send Error
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to check if someone is online on WhatsApp without going online. These handy little methods have the potential of saving you from a lot of awkward conversations and ensuring you contact a person at the right time. Moreover, this app is ideal for parents, allowing them to track the online activity of their children.
Pete is a Senior staff writer at TechCult. Pete loves all things technology and is also an avid DIYer at heart. He has a decade of experience writing how-tos, features, and technology guides on the internet.