The shift to a digital world has been phenomenal over the past two decades. Instagram played a crucial role in revolutionizing social media by introducing its top-notch features and attracting millions of users worldwide. Engagement tools, Artificial Intelligence-driven filters, music additions, and Instagram Live are only some of the many astounding features Instagram has. But while creating a profile on Instagram, you must have entered a name, but it is possible that you might not know about the Instagram username change limit, which says that you are not allowed to change Instagram name before 14 days. For that very purpose, we are bringing you this helpful guide that will teach you how to change your name on Instagram using the Instagram name change limit hack.
How to Change Your Name on Instagram
The Instagram features and easy navigation attracted influencers, content creators, and companies, which helped it become an all-inclusive social media platform. People use the app to share life updates, news, ideas, and much more on a daily basis. It is also the backbone of successful businesses all over the world. In this social media-driven world, it is important to have a unique identity. So, you can change your name from the Edit profile section on Instagram. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can You Change Your Instagram Name, and Is It a Bad Practice?
Yes, you can change your Instagram name. No, it is not a bad practice unless you use inappropriate words in your name. Changing your Instagram name does not affect your account.
- Still, if you change your Instagram username, all previous mentions and interactions with the old username will lead viewers to a User Not Found page, resulting in a loss of followers and views.
- Another reason could be that viewers recognize you using your old username. It might force them to think that either your account has been hacked or they entered a wrong username.
How Many Times Can You Change Your Instagram Username?
Instagram allows users to change their usernames as often as possible. No limit has been put on changing usernames on Instagram. However, once the username has been switched to a new one, you have a window of 14 days within which you can go back to the old username as the Instagram algorithm reserves the previous username in case you decide to hit undo. After the 14-day period, the old username will be available for anybody to use.
What is the Instagram Username Change Limit?
The Instagram name change limit is the number of times a user can change their name within a given time frame. To reduce spamming and useless changing of names, Instagram decided to restrict the number of times you can change your name. Instagram allows you to change your name twice in 14 days, making it a total of 4 times a month. This decision was taken after a trend of changing names became popular amongst people, which created a fuss on the platform.
Why Does Instagram Not Let You Change Your Name?
It’s a quite common issue faced by many users wherein Instagram does not allow you to change your name. If you are one amongst many facing this issue, well, there are various reasons why this could be happening to you:
- You had previously changed your Instagram name two times within 14 days. The Instagram rules do not allow you to change your name more than two times in 14 days.
- If your Instagram account is not linked to an email address, the app will not allow you to change your account for security purposes.
How to Change Your Instagram Username in Less Than a Minute?
Instagram permits its users to change their usernames without any limits. They have also made the process of changing usernames very easy. The process of changing a username on Instagram can be completed in under a minute. Follow our step-by-step guide below to learn how to change your name on Instagram quickly:
1. Open Instagram on your device.
2. Tap on the profile icon from the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on Edit Profile located below your Instagram bio.
4. Tap on Username. Delete your old username and enter a new username of your choice.
5. Tap on the tick-mark icon from the top right corner.
6. Tap on the tick-mark icon again to confirm changes.
You have successfully changed your username and can now see your updated username at the top of your screen.
Also Read: How to Put VSCO Link in Your Instagram Bio
How to Change Name on Instagram Before 14 days?
If you have used your two name lifelines within 14 days and cannot find a way out of it. Unfortunately, there is no definitive solution to this, but there are a few tricks that might do the work for you. Take a look at the methods mentioned below to learn how to change Instagram name before 14 days:
Method 1: Set Blank Name
This method allows you to hide the name field on your profile which results in your viewers only getting to see the username.
1. Launch Instagram and tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
2. Tap on the Edit Profile option.
3. Clear the existing name.
4. Tap on the tick-mark icon from the top right corner.
Method 2: Report Problem
The Instagram Support Team allows a few exceptions for multiple name changes past the limit if you have a valid reason to convince them.
1. Open the Instagram application.
2. Head over to your profile and tap on Edit Profile.
3. Enter your new name.
4. Then, take a screenshot by pressing the power and volume down buttons simultaneously and then tap on the tick mark icon.
5. Then, come back to your profile and tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
6. Tap on Settings > Help.
7. Choose Report a problem.
8. Again, tap on Report a problem from the pop-up.
9. Enter a description of the problem in the field and upload the screenshot taken in step 4.
10. Tap on Next.
11. Finally, tap on Send Report.
If you are lucky, the Instagram Support Team will give you another chance to change your name.
Also Read: How to Change Your YouTube Channel Name
Is There Instagram Name Change Limit Hack?
Yes, there is a hack for Instagram username change limit. Although it does not work how one would want it to, it allows you to hide your name on your profile and permit the viewers to only see the username on your profile.
Why Can’t You Change Your Instagram Name After 14 Days?
Instagram stores your old username for 14 days after you change your username to a new one. This is done to allow you to use the old username without fearing it being taken away. However, after 14 days, everybody on Instagram gets access to that username and whoever applies it first gets it. If you can’t change your Instagram name back to your old one after 14 days of switching to a new one, it’s highly likely that someone else took ownership of it before you.
How Can You Change Your Instagram Name After 2 Attempts?
Recently, a prank went viral on TikTok, making millions of users change their names on Instagram multiple times. If you are one of the victims, or even if you are not and just want to change your name once again, a few tricks have been listed below which may help you in different ways:
Method 1: Use Blank Name
Follow the below steps to learn an Instagram name change limit hack:
1. Launch Instagram and tap on the profile icon from the bottom right corner.
2. Tap on the Edit Profile option and clear the existing name from the field.
3. Tap on the tick mark icon from the top right corner.
Also Read: How to Change Your Name on Google Meet
Method 2: Report Problem
If you are amongst the fortunate users, the Instagram Support Team will revert to you and give you another chance to change your name. Follow the below steps to convince them.
1. Open Instagram and head over to your profile.
2. Tap on Edit Profile > Username.
3. Enter your new name.
4. Take a screenshot by simultaneously pressing the power and volume down buttons.
5. Tap on the tick mark icon.
6. Return to your profile screen and tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
7. Tap on Settings > Help.
8. Tap on Report a problem twice.
9. Enter a name change request in the field and upload the captured screenshot.
10. Tap on Next > Send Report.
So, these were a few Instagram name change limit hack for you to use and change your Instagram username.
- How to Block Someone on TikTok
- How to Enable Camera Access on Instagram
- How to Delete Instagram Search History First Letter Results
- Change Your Name, Phone Number and Other Info in Google Account
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to change your name on Instagram. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or suggestions, please drop them in the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.